Fatwa Arbuckle
1 year ago

That thread kitteh’s wack, yo!

G’day, Wheelizens.

Fairly busy day yesterday; expect the same through tomorrow just handling emails and phones. And -- hopefully -- some good opportunities after the rain stops. 😉

BBL.

1 year ago

Too much catnip will do that.

1 year ago

Hi, Fatwa. A break in the rain -- should see the sun today and then the next storm arrives late afternoon.

1 year ago

Happy Wednesday, Gerbil Nation!

According to my neighbor’s rain gauge, we got 3/4″ of rain since midnight. I know they got more further north of us. Hopefully this break in the storm will be enough to allow crews to clear out clogged drains and catch-basins and minimize flooding.

Fatwa -- I hope all of your efforts result in moar of that sweet, sweet geld.

Fatwa Arbuckle

Drive-by:

Hi, Sven and Paddy!

So far, no reports of any of our work leaking…which is how it’s supposed to be but occasionally ain’t. 😉

We’ve even gotten a few compliments from “difficult” clients the past couple of days, which I’ve relayed to the crew. (Those guys totally rawk!)

Reply to  Fatwa Arbuckle

That’s always good to hear!

1 year ago

Well, the nasty storm has arrived as predicted. It’s going to be a long night in some areas.

Reply to  Sven

It’s not due here for several hours. Slow moving means lots of rain. Stay safe.

1 year ago

Apparently moving even slower than expected, Paddy. Tomorrow will not be good in your part of the woods.

1 year ago

I feel conflicted. I attended a webinar today put on by my professional organization. The young woman presenter was quite good: she knew her topic, the material was well organized, and she was engaging. Then I visited her twitter feed and heavily mixed in with her professional stuff were the usual lefty screeds. Several tweets that showed what she would think of me and my beliefs were she ever to know me.

Her personal/political beliefs, now that I know them, color for me the materials that she presented. Should they? Man, I just don’t know anymore.

Reply to  Sven

The answer, as provided by our SJW betters, is “eff off and die, white, cis-heteronormative member of the patriarchy”.

1 year ago

Yeah, I know. It bothers me though. I wish people would compartmentalize more and be a little less public with everything.

Reply to  Sven

Yeah, that was the basis of Laura Ingraham’s Shut Up and Sing.