1 year ago

A blessed Sabbath, Gerbil Nation!

The choir sang at the memorial service yesterday for a dear lady that I’ve known for a long, long time. I’ve known two of her kids since I was in junior high, she used to sing in the choir, and I’d talk to her every Sunday. She was a strong, talented woman with a deep and abiding faith. We’re all going to miss her, but her pains are gone and she has been made whole again.

God bless, Paddy.

Thank you, Sven.

Sunday greetin’s, GN!

Hi, Paddy and Sven!

Paddy --

Condolences on the loss of your friend / fellow choir member.

dv8 --

I’ve never had Cincy chili, as I grew-up at the diagonally opposite end of the state where it was not a “thing”. (It seems to be one of those polarizing regional specialties, like Chicago pizza or hot dogs.) 🙂

Dunno if I’d like it on capellini, but I do like chili cheese dogs; I should whip up a batch and try it.

1 year ago

Jerry makes a great Cincinnati chili -- we’re using his recipe to make a batch on Tuesday.

1 year ago

is this recipe posted anywhere? If not will someone please email it to me?

I just used the dry Cincy spices packet. I have a friend who goes there every once in a while and brings me back a packet everytime he comes back.

Reply to  dv8

I’ll post the recipe to Teh Wheel.

cool! tyvm.

1 year ago

It is chili with a few middle eastern tasting spices, I guess. I’ve never looked it up. Our Daughter married into a Newport Kentucky family which is that part of Kentucky that is right next to Cincinnati. Similar to Portland, OR and Vancouver WA. That is how we became familiar with Cincy Chilly.

1 year ago

Sundays like this one, I’m glad that I’m not much of Raiders fan anymore. Was watching the game and started getting all wound up and then came to my senses and turned it of. They can say good-bye to their playoff hopes after this thumping.

1 year ago

Kind of like the Chargers.
I wonder if they’re regretting their move from SD yet?

1 year ago

I feel bad for Phillip Rivers -- the guy has a huge heart but this is probably his worse season.

1 year ago

Evidently it is Sasquatch day. So happy Sasquatch day.

Reply to  dv8

Holy cryptids, dv8…that’s some fine filmmaking!

1 year ago

it’s epic! They spotlight a werewolf movie called “Lycan Colony” that is even more epic.

1 year ago

I just got this from Harper:

Old timey xmas cards; WOW:

1 year ago

So what happened on the Recipe Forum? I see it’s unable to be posted on. or something. Did we abandon it. I wouldn’t mind revitalizing it and posting some of my favorites. I don’t know if that’s a possibility, but I’d be willing to do the work on it, if I’m granted or if I already have the correct access.