Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Nice thread pic, Mac; heee!

Happy [checks computer] Friday, GN!

(I do kind o’ lose track of what day of the week it is during this shelter at home horsepuckey. Sure would be nice if our government -- at every level -- and media weren’t full of prevaricating bishes…)

Nice to see that Harper and TeX stopped by yesterday.

Apparently the SoKo burger business is even more cutthroat than ours:

billionbox burgers.jpg
Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Here’s an article which furnishes a plausible explanation for The Great Turlet Paper Shortage Of 2020:

Short version: The consumer product is very different than the commercial product and the supply chains are completely different.

1 year ago

Makes sense for the continuing shortage- thanks. Happy Friday, GN!

Like Mac, going to make an early market run. Vons, in our case. I met the man who started Vons, Charles Theodore Von der Ahe, at his house when I was a kid. My Dad did his drapes and I accompanied him to “assist” in putting them up.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Hi, Mac!

You and Elena are Good Gerbils.

Best wishes for a successful foraging foray!

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator
Reply to  Machinist

Yeah…not fond of the Mohammedan methods.

(Especially being a southpaw.) 🙂

1 year ago

Perhaps this is an argument for open borders. More immigrants to do the jobs we lazy white people don’t want to?

1 year ago

You just gotta love AliceCooper -- a national treasure.

Cooper says Solid Rock is something they feel driven to do.

“We’re based on a Christian ethic,” he says. “The kids say, ‘Why are you doing this?’ and we tell them, ‘Because the Lord told us to. We don’t want anything from you except you to show up and create.’ And they say, ‘Well, what do you get out of it?’ And I go, ‘Watching you create!’ That’s all there is to it.” Another reason for doing this, he adds, is that “We feel that every teenager is at risk – not just the ones that come from the gang world. They’re all in trouble unless they have some guidance.”

Off to shower and then to Vons. Of course the work computer is up and and I’m regularly tapping the keyboard and moving the mouse around.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Hi, Sven!

Cheers for the Alice Cooper article; didn’t know about Solid Rock.

Nice. 😉

I remember as a not-too-much-at-risk kid how much the support for my musical proclivities meant…especially during junior high school. (Although if I could have gotten my hands on a gun during those years, there’s a good chance I’d have shot a couple of kids. It’s probably better that I learned to punch properly…)

Reply to  Machinist

Good on you, Mac.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Quarantine, Day 17: We have run out of art supplies.

oreo munch scream.jpg
Jerry Atrick
1 year ago

Good morning everyone. Greetings from delightful Bountiful. I was wondering if there was any interest in having a virtual Gerbilee? I have a subscription to Zoom Pro, and since most of us have webcams and are working from home, why not? Discuss amongst your Gerbilly selves.

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Hi, Jerry! It’s wonderful to “see” you! I’m glad that Bountiful is still delightful!

A virtual Gerbilee sounds great! One question -- do Mac and I have to torch our eyebrows during the meeting?

Jerry Atrick
Reply to  Machinist

I don’t believe it! You’ve lost weight and should be as nimble as an athlete.

Jerry Atrick
1 year ago

Paddy, you don’t have to, but it would be exceedingly entertaining if you and Mac did.

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Hi Jerry! Well, I don’t have a webcam, but I could listen in and talk!

Jerry Atrick
1 year ago

Sven, absolutely! Although with your Premium subscription you are entitled to a cheapo webcam.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Harper and I would be down, having been unable to attend the IRL ones, that would be awesome! We’ll never forget that Mac and Elena came to us because we couldn’t travel.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

funny, I’ve been thinking about how we could do that, and was prompted again because Microsoft just rolled out a Conference product as part of Skype. Haven’t tried it yet, but all my friends are using Zoom.

Trip report.

A lot of people lined up waiting for the doors to open. A solemn looking bunch -- I elected to wait in my truck until after they all got left in. Plenty of fresh meats -- canned goods starting to restock. No paper goods -- some soap but not much. Stocked up mostly on medical stuff -- flu/cold meds, toothpaste, antibiotic ointments, etc.

No surprise, but I don’t like people much, but when surrounded by grumps I tend to cheer up and spread that cheer around. Hearty “GOOD MORNING” greetings and such. This store has queued their checkout lines to single line down an aisle and then you move to whichever cash register is open. So I’m at the head of the line and here comes this guy with a full cart of crap and he asks me which register I’m waiting for. I tell him it’s a single line and the end is back there. He shoots me a look , mutters, and angrily heads to the end. My rejoinder to him was “Hey I bet that just ruins your whole f*cking day, don’t it?” but done cheerfully on my part. No response.

Talking to the cashier and bagger, thanked them and told them I appreciate them being open. Said they ought to put a tip jar at their registers. Then I gave them each $5, said thanks again, and left.

And now it’s back to pretending to work. I actually may have something to do today, but it ain’t much.

1 year ago

Thanks for the trip report, Sven. I like your response to the grumps. I also remember when there were tip jars for grocery bag boys.

1 year ago

Happy Friday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa, Mac, and Sven!

My goodness y’all have been busy Gerbils this morning! Mac -- you’re a Good Gerbil®

Teh Older is getting some repair work done on his car. The shop we use called up and said they’re offering 40% off of services they have previously recommended. I’m sure they’re hurting for business.

X_LA_Native
Admin

Ha!
I knew it! All this time I’ve been calling y’all gentlemen I was right!!!!!
;P

Reply to  X_LA_Native

Hey, TeX! How y’all doin’?

Jerry Atrick
Reply to  X_LA_Native

TeX, I take that as an insult. How dare you! The following !s are courtesy of Plaguie -- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator
Reply to  X_LA_Native

Hi, all!

I’ll mention the virtual Gerbilee to CorporateToolK when she’s finished corporate tooling for the day. (Judging from the various *glingle* noises her work laptop keeps making, her cow-workers are keeping her hopping and I don’t want to interrupt her.)

TeX --

[johnmerrick]

“I am not a gentleman!”

[/johnmerrick]

bum.jpeg
dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Eating pancakes made from the (new car trip) protein powder. A combination of whey and wheat protein. I think the whey tastes better than the Soy protein variety. I’m glad I switched.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

it’s also a more complete protein than soy. Not to mention all the memeable aspects of soy….

As in:

Soy Lo, a Cuck Wars Story……………….