Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Good Friday salutations, Wheelizens!

BBL.

1 year ago

Hi, Fatwa -- good morning, GN.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Hi, Sven!

Went on my vittles run much earlier than usual today; Walmart had almost everything on my list in-stock -- including stuff like rice, which they’ve been out of for weeks. (Although I suspect if I were just now arriving there, that wouldn’t be the case; a lot of stuff was clearly in short supply.)

Didn’t like having to enter the store through a chute consisting of upended shopping carts and CAUTION tape. (Had a thought that there might be someone with a cattle-stunning gun at the end and I’d wind-up in the “Long Pork” refrigerated case.)

This just in:

BernieDropsOut.jpg
1 year ago

Running the gauntlet at Walmart. Can just picture it now.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

I’ll get me a GoPro. 👿

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator
1 year ago

A blessed Good Friday, Gerbil Nation!

Fatwa -- congratulations on your successful game of Pac-Man at Waddlemart.

I read this morning that the Dems are pushing Cuomo as a replacement for Biden. Never mind that no one has actually voted for Cuomo in a single primary. Oh, well, it’s Democrats -- they get to make up the rules as they go along.

1 year ago

Fredo or the other one?

1 year ago

The other one, Andrew.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Hi, Sven and Paddy!

We got the signed contract on that large job; not sure when we’re going to start as the Board president and I concurred commencing the project with so many people working from home (among other things) is contraindicated.

The president seems like he’s going to be enjoyable to work with, as does the other Board member I’ve spoken with.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

I’m glad I didn’t jinx you got the contract!

1 year ago

Excellent news, Fatwa! With all that extra cash coming your way, you may be able to but the quilted, two-ply arse-wipe.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Cheers, gentlemen.

The good gerbilly wishes were (and are appreciated, as always.

Fortunately, CasaK is well-stocked with turlet paper and I’d expect that -- by the time we need moar -- it’ll be readily available.

*Poo-t*

1 year ago

I guess Pelosi has determined that Congress isn’t an “essential business” and that’s why they all aren’t in Washington. Nice to see her catching up to what the rest of the country has known for years.

1 year ago

But she wants the power to pass legislation in absentia.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

111221

1121211121111111111111111111111111111111111121111

111211

11111111112

11111111111

I dropped a big splorch of yogurt on my living room keyboard. The above was me wiping it off. I was about to delete it when I thought, hey… it’s real life.

Late morning, eating protein pancakes with a low carb maple yogurt syrup I invented. I’m kinda glad I didn’t have to cook them. They were left over from yesterday.

I’m going to try to be more productive today if I can. I’ve been great at doing household stuff, but not my other projects.

I didn’t do a stream of any kind yesterday, but I did manage to do 3 more dreds. And that was two days in a row, so five total. I think It might be shaping up to be a bit less than 100 total at the end, so, at any rate, I’m probably somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 done. I’m only making them more narrow and closer together where they show, say, a nickel’s width--front hairline, part, etc.--but going for more of a quarter size down beneath that.

I toyed with the idea of streaming the dred progress, but only did a few streams in the beginning. Some people watched--more than watch my music streams--so I should have probably kept it up to see what happened. In a way, the rear camera I was using might be helpful now.

When everything is all you, it’s hard to know what to do. I almost started a business up here, but then I decided not to. It would have been pretty low budget except for some few thousands for legal work which wasn’t optional and had to be done just so, but probably pretty lucrative, considering there was a very large need and i knew it wasn’t being filled. Still isn’t.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Fixed this image removing the one non-sequitur.

Venn Diagram.png
dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Watching the Atlas Shrugged Movies again. The first one is not too shabby really. I’m enjoying it.

1 year ago

I keep planning on doing that, but haven’t gotten around to it. We have been watching The Ranch on Netflix. 2-3 episodes at night after work. It’s one of the better series I’ve seen in a long time -- Mrs Sven turned me on to it as she’s always had this thing for Sam Elliott.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

They’ve been on youtube officially since some time in 2019. Use adblock. Or else see endless bernie sanders ads.

They’re all better than I remember them being. I think we had such high expectations back in 2012. I think they tell the story they’re meant to tell.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
Reply to  Machinist

Bringing the story into the present was an interesting idea, but I would probably have been better as a period piece in the timeframe in which it was written. But that would have made it much more expensive to make. The third movie had a $5M budget but the first one had 20M.
So it looked better and had an arguably better cast.