Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Happy Roof Korean Week, Wheelizens!

Ah, the Rodney King riots were such a good time. I remember watching chopper shots of a “rainbow coalition” of looters gleefully hauling stuff from the FedCo department store at Jefferson and Rodeo.

Which was near my former employer’s (Alesis) HQ. Several of my old cow-workers were stuck there for days. Fortunately, they had a well-stocked kitchen and a shower.

One wag rechristened the target of, um, merchandise liberation “LootCo”.

BBL.

roof korean.jpg

Good morning, GN! Hello, Fatwa!

I don’t think you should refer to the Days of Unrest as a “riot” Fatwa.

I approve of the thread pic.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

When I saw the thread pic I heard that Eddie Murphy song in my head: “Put a metal fan in your butt.”

If you don’t remember it, don’t ask. Or just google it; you could do that too.

I read that our gov has ordered the shutdown of ALL state parks and beaches effective tomorrow -- wonder how that’s going to work out.

Apparently he is miffed that people went to the beaches in Orange and Ventura counties, maintained social distancing, had fun, and showed that restrictions can at least be eased.

Now he’s saying Orange County only. Everybody misunderstood him yesterday.

Sure we did.

Sure Happy It’s Thursday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa, Sven, and dv8!

I posted something on the comment board of a newspaper that mentioned Roof Koreans -- it got taken down by the moderator. No reason was given.

Jack Tatum quote of the morning: “Your cat. The head is ALWAYS missing.”

Both LOL and ewww.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Pretty much echoing Paddy, here; “heh!” and “bleccch!”.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Hi, Sven, dv8 and Paddy!

IIRC, Auntie Maxine referred to the unpleasantness surrounding the Rodney King episode as an “uprising”.

Goobernor Gavin is a well-coiffed tyrant and ought to be dealt with as such; what a POS.

He should make this argument on the House floor.

Oh, wait…

Excellent article. If he ever were to make this argument on the floor of the House, I’m sure there would only be a handful of Representatives present, as is the case for most floor speeches.

I iz tireds. Good night, GN. Can’t wait to see what will happen tomorrow!