dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Sven and Paddy: Jim Ladd has a weekly show on Sirius XM. It’s only a couple of hours a week, but he’s basically doing what he’s always done.

Just thought you’d want to know.

Friday 8pm -- 9pm est.

Thanks. Good to hear he’s still around.

Thanks, dv8!

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Happy Caturday, GN!

Hi, dv8 (and Harper)!

They kept switching instruments and managed to do a live show that rivaled all the overdubbing that they did in studio without any extra musicians.

Wow…that’s impressive.

(I dimly recall a prog band called Gryphon which had an electric bassoonist but that’s all my old brain remembers about them.)

Got moar JimCo carp which needs doing; BBL.

Cat in its liquid state:

liquid cat.jpg

And who among us wouldn’t sneak over and turn the knob?

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Heh.

“Hey, Sven; WTF…didja run into a buzz saw or somethin’?”

Happy day, GN! Good morning Dv8 and Fatwa!

BTW, how’s the laptop, Dv8? OK, I’m up and about trying tobe productive. Poof.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

well. everything went fine except my keyboard lights don’t work/aren’t controlable anymore. I don’t really care about that, except I had ’em set on all blue before, and I like that better. Evidently this is a big problem that is overwhelming their support guys, and I don’t care enough about it to submit a ticket. I could roll back the keyboard lights driver, I guess, but I really don’t care that much.

Other than that, everything was fine. It was nice to get outside for a while. Even if only on the porch. I seldom bother. But we do keep it very cold in here, because the closer to 0 degrees Kelvin it is, the easier Harper can solve the unified field theory.

(Terry Pratchett reference: Trolls become more intelligent the colder they get. At absolute Zero their brains are like quantum/super computers)

Happy Caturday (Now with moar drunk possums!), Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, dv8, Fatwa, and Sven!

It looks like it will be a beautiful day, too bad it’s been interrupted by the sound of gardeners and chain saws. Most everyone in my neighborhood that uses a gardener has their work done during the week (I know what days and times I have to keep my windows closed during meetings), but there are a couple who have their gardeners work on Saturday. They start right at 7:30. And for the past couple of months it seems that every Saturday somebody is getting a tree trimmed. I know, first world problems.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Drive-by:

Hi, Sven and Paddy!

Taking a break from JimCo stuff to do my weekly backup to a portable 1T HD (as a backup to my automatic backup onto a drive inside my “cheese grater”). Beats the snot outta using a thumb drive.

Seems like just yesterday I thought I was stylin’ with a 2GB hard drive and rotating rewritable CD backups; amazing to me that a cheap portable drive will transfer files faster than 1GB / minute.

A couple of longish but (IMO) worthwhile articles:

“A Time To Hate”: https://spectator.org/a-time-to-hate/

“Police State Dry Run A Huge Success”: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/05/police_state_dry_run_a_huge_success.html

Yep. I read both of those articles earlier this week and linked the latter on FB.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

wow! good stuff. Although it sometimes makes me feel like everything is hopeless, I think we have to remember that our constitution endures. Where officials overstepped their bounds during this pandemic, there will be court challenges.

Having a great constitution does not prevent tyrants from being tyrannical--nor even from passing unconstitutional laws--but it does give us the ability to address such wrongs when they are perpetrated upon us.

For humans governing themselves, I feel like we have the best system we could possibly have.

That… is me thinking positive : )

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Har!

Go, Harper!!1!

Here’s a little help for rounding-up them pesky particles.

“Higgs! Get over here right now!

bosun whistle.jpg
dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

heh, Harper had to identify the whistle for me.

Even if you aren’t a UFC fan, you gotta love Dana White.