dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
1 year ago

Thanks for all your kind words, all y’all. I’m sorry I’ve not been around as much. I seem to be letting things get to me to a greater or lesser degree, of late.

Faucet went in okay. A good friend came over and we worked on it together. We opted not to install the included drain parts because the plumbing on the existing ones looked dubious, so we left well enough alone.

Last edited 1 year ago by dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
1 year ago

Next is the microwave. Still not purchased yet.

1 year ago

Good on you for getting it done, Dv8.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
1 year ago

didn’t hear about the country star/N-word thing. I remember when that happened to Pewdiepie a few years back. I actually dedicated a lot of my streaming to him, because he’s a pretty cool guy who just let a word usually used between friends slip out.

Ironically, it caused him to become much richer because his network dropped him, and he became independent, tripled his subs and managed to red pill a good portion of an entire generation.

1 year ago

This will keep happening until enough artists/normal people say enough is enough, shrug, don’t apologize, and go about their business. Unless you happen to believe that destroying someone’s livelihood and reputation over a single word uttered in a drunken state is justified…and sadly a sizeable minority today, including those in power, believe this is exactly what should happen.

1 year ago

Unless that person is a favored person on the Left, then they are free to act indignant, claim that they do a lot for the minority community, and how dare you! Or it just gets ignored.

1 year ago

Super Bowl Sunday. Yawn. Not excited about the game, but may hit the bar as it recently reopened in some fashion and drop a few bucks there to help out the local economy.

BTW, apparently in our county, you can have teevee screens outside.

Last edited 1 year ago by Sven-SemiFascist
1 year ago

A blessed Sabbath, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, dv8 (and Harper!), and Sven (who came in while I was RabBiT typing)!

No cinnamon rolls baking this morning. It’s been a long while since I baked my mom’s cinnamon rolls -- more like sticky buns. The dough rises in the refrigerator overnight, but then after you make the rolls the next morning, they get a second rise, so that means either I get up early, or we have the rolls late.

dv8 -- glad the plumbing went well. Hold onto those extra drain parts. The straight tube that fits between the pop-up assembly and the trap often corrodes and develops leaks. When it does, you’ll have the part on hand.

Sven -- I agree about the game. I’d like to see Tampa Bay win, except they’ve got that Brady fellow.

1 year ago

It’s taken me a long time, but I’ve finally come to the conclusion that Brady is the GOAT. And I’ve accepted that without rancor. Part of that may have to do with me being less a Raider fan than I was.

Much is being made of the “uncomfortable” relationship Brady has with Trump. FFS.

1 year ago

Unless Trump was deflating Brady’s balls, I fail to see how the friendship could in any way be deemed “uncomfortable”.

1 year ago

Uh, thanks for that uncomfortable mental picture.

1 year ago

That’s what I’m here for.

How retarded.

And these are supposedly well-educated adults reporting that someone used a “bad” word.

1 year ago

They are neither “adults”, nor “well-educated”. Also, the words that they are complaining about aren’t “bad”. Yes, context does matter -- something these self-anointed hall monitors can’t seem to grasp.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
1 year ago

It’s been hard to keep a positive attitude. Sometimes work is a substitute for that. Something we have to do, or go to, or fix.

1 year ago

The GOAT -- no argument from me.

The bar was kind of open, but there were only five of us there.

1 year ago

Mahones did a great job, making some incredible throws, while being relentlessly pursued by the Bucs defense. I wonder how the game would have gone if KC’s offensive line were intact?