ThePlagueFairy

Good morning, Gerbs! Up and atom! (See how I set that one up for you, Paddy’O?)

After four years, and with a lot of experimentation along with help and encouragement from David, I’ve been eating solid food again. This morning I’ve been steaming the ever-loving heck out of some zucchini squash. Now, I know it’s not quite Brussel sprouts but would anyone care for some? I recall that there were some strong opinions about various veggies on the wheel.
comment image

Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

Zucchini pancakes are OK.

ThePlagueFairy

David’s parents were very clever. They relegated the lego play to the closet in the kid’s bedroom.

Last edited 2 months ago by ThePlagueFairy

Happy Friday, GN. For your viewing pleasure, a preview of Trump’s legal team’s opening statement.

Good morning, Miss Harper!

And what Trump’s legal team ought to be.

ThePlagueFairy

Now, that’s funny stuff.

Pres. Trump does seem to have some trouble selecting people for jobs.
My theory is that it has to do with how he fundamentally sees others. He appears to be an individualist who measures everyone by himself. He assumes that when someone says they’ll do a job they’ll do it- and he can count on it because that’s what he would do -- and he expects them to carry through on a handshake and their good name. That kind of attitude is not uncommon with land developers and those in certain other professions. My father was a gemologist and jeweler. He would go down to the diamond house and pick up a little sack of diamonds to choose from and bring it home; all by signing his name for them. Same attitude. President Trump is just not a real politician, thanks be to God.

Can you imagine Pelosi or Schumer being trusted on basis of their name and reputation for anything?!?

Last edited 2 months ago by ThePlagueFairy
Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

My Cousin Vinny is a great movie -- like Die Hard, whenever it comes on we sit and watch it. Never gets old.

Trump was ill-served by many of his picks and advisors. He had no Republican allies when he won back in 2016 and very few friends. Considering all he accomplished, that makes his achievements all the more impressive.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Wow… Masive Plaguey sightings.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz……………..

Jerry Atrick

She’s not that fat,

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Jerry’s living dangerously! He must be feeling better.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

you spelled “phat” wrong, dawg : )

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

Happy Friday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Harper!, Sven, dv8, and Jerry!

Speaking of zucchini, I’ve been stir frying zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots to add to the chicken rice bowls I make. Yum!

Harper -- glad you’re up to eating solid food again. Maybe some nice, grilled sushi?

Sven -- I agree with regards to Trumps legal team. He needs people who are both fighters and willing to make fools of the opposition. It’s not like any minds are going to be changed on either side of the senate.

Agreed. His defense ought to play to the American people, not the Senate. It’s not a criminal trial -- he has really nothing to lose even if “convicted.”

Watching the impeachment in the background -- Trump’s team is doing better than I expected. Workmanlike, but not bad. It won’t change anyone’s mind, but it does get his side of the story and the hypocrisy of the Dems out there.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

Well, at least that’s something.

I’m amused at how the dems and the media are howling that Trump’s video presentations were edited and lack context, but theirs’ were clean as the driven snow.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

Their lack of self-awareness is astounding.

Looking forward to next week. On Monday, we won’t have power as SoCal Edison attempts, again, to replace the power poles on our street. On Tuesday, we’ll have power, but no water as those people try to do something. Then on Friday, SoCal Edison will again shut off our power to finish up what they started on Monday. On all three days, we may be able to leave the house before work begins, but probably won’t be able to return until they get done…whenever that is.

Luckily, both our vehicles fit in the driveway as no cars can park on the street.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

You’re livin’ the life, Sven!

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

One of my cow-workers sent me a document to review before finalizing it and sending it out for signatures. We use the sticky-note feature in Adobe Acrobat to add comments to documents to make it easy to make corrections in the underlying forms. Anyway, after adding my comments and corrections I sent it back. This afternoon she sent me the corrected version -- with many of the original errors uncorrected.

This is not rocket surgery. Uncheck this box, add a date here, change this number.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

OMG. She again corrected some, but not all, of the errors.

You’re counting corrected errors? Designating something as an “error” that needs “correction” is the absolute height of white privilege. As Greta the Good would say “How dare you!?!?!?” Shame.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

Yes, on a legally-binding document, I’m designating some things as errors that require correction. And I do so without shame! But it’s okay, I’m counting with Arabic numerals, so the cultural appropriation cancels out the white privilege.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Yeah, man, dass racis.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

My MiL finally got her COVID vaccine today! The statewide app people are supposed to use to schedule appointments didn’t work (3 weeks after registering still no available appointments), but we were able to get an appointment within 3 days by going directly to the website of a distribution site.

A note in passing: Allahapundit over at Hot Air is really an asshat POS.

I’m laughing at all these lefties crying that they have to stop Trump from running in 2024. I think he just trolled the crap out of them and had no intention, at 78, of putting himself through this again.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

but with trump, who really knows………

Point taken.