Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Happy “Glad That’s Not A Chalk Line Around Teh Puppeh” Tuesday, GN!

I have -- at least temporarily -- been “allowed” back here.

Got another day filled with JimCo BS. Jim was asked to attend a meeting Sunday at the HOA we reroofed half of last year. He thought he was meeting with the Board, which had previously indicated they would like us to complete the project this year.

He arrived to find it was a full Association meeting with ~40 homeowners present, including several who experienced “issues” which were caused by a construction defect which JimCo could not have reasonably anticipated.

Basically, Jim was ambushed and dogpiled. Disappointing, as we had what we thought was a cordial working relationship with the Board last year despite some serious issues which we busted our asses and spent a lot of our money to resolve (which we were under no obligation to do).

“No good deed goes unpunished.”

Many patently false claims were made by the affected homeowners who fail to grasp that sometimes shit just happens and they -- as homeowners -- are ultimately responsible for their own property.

I get to write a detailed response today; my middle fingers are itchy. 👿

===============

evergreen biden.jpg
dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Hello Fatwa, Good to see you back again. Did you have tech troubles like me, or did you just get too busy with work and such?

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Hi, dv8 --

I literally could not get through to the site; tried multiple browsers on both of my computers. and kept timing-out (I’m a lousy thumb-typist; using my phone was not something I wanted to do.)

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Get the TOR browser. That will work when your regular ISP has DNS issues. It is like a free VPN and it is totally adequate for visiting websites like this. There are TOR vpn apps and you can also configure your router to use TOR, but it is kind of slow as all of the nodes are maintained all around the world mostly by volunteers.

Last edited 15 days ago by dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
ThePlagueFairy
16 days ago

Good morning, Fatwa, Paddy’O, and Sleepin’ dv8!

Fatwa, my father used to quote Churchill, I believe it was, when he said: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” He encouraged me in the art of using words to insult the deserving in such a way that they were unable to detect the slap across their face. It was a fun game and it made me sharp instead of just angry. I’ve no longer got the chops for it but I’ve enjoyed your finely tuned sense of the well placed word since the early days of the Wheel.

Go forth and flay those that have earned it, Fatwa! We’ll rally around you when the HOA battle is done and when those that are self-assured of their worth and their need of someone else to bear their burdens in life have slaked their hunger on your delicate words — we’ll laugh. We’ll laugh and we’ll raise a glass of whatever and remember that we aren’t those who go to meetings to ambush and snarl and destroy because we are too stupid to live our lives with a modicum of dignity. And the nasty problems of the weak minded will fade…

Until tomorrow.

Zzzzzzz………(((poof)))

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator
Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

Harper!!1! 😉

Much obliged for the lovely compliment(s).

Churchill was eminently quotable; the one your father used is a fave of mine.

Just sent a draft of “the letter” to Jim for approval / comments. Kept it simple and to-the-point (with a few barbs, because that’s who I am and what I do.)

Rest well!

Last edited 16 days ago by Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator
dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Wheel once again working on Suddenlink.

Good morning Gerbils.

16 days ago

Happy Tuesday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa the no longer Forbidden, and dv8!

Fatwa -- sorry that Jim had to go through that mess. That just sucks. Good luck with your response.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Cheers, Paddy!

I got to remind certain parties there are laws against slander and tortious interference. 👿

Also referred to what Jim went through as an “ambuscade”. (Which he may strike, but he may not…)

ThePlagueFairy
15 days ago

See! Beautiful, Fatwa! Absolutely swoon worthy. You can always read your first drafts to your darling BrendaK and then publish them toward the end of your life like Samuel Clemmons did.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Hi Paddy and Fatwa. Harper says hi. I had the extra monday shift this evening. I’m not sure how long I’ll have to/get to do it.

Anyway, it’s bedtime again. Time to get ready for tomorrow’s long night.

I’ll talk to all y’all later if I get myself up early enough.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz………….

16 days ago

Good morning -- a full crew here today!

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

With Cap’n Uncle Choo-Choo at the helm. 😉

Rather like this.

BidenEverGiven Meme.jpg
15 days ago

What do you expect with a white male at the helm?

15 days ago

If Corn Pop was at the helm, all would be right with the world.

Jerry Atrick

a full crew here today!

Oh, really!

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Uh oh. At least it’s only Jerry and not the blue glove guy/girl/non-binary/whatever.

TSWadministrator
Admin

Oh, REALLY!

15 days ago

Now he’s gone and done it!
I fear Sven is about to get “Wadministrated”, IYKWIMAITTYD.

15 days ago

I’m kind of liking the idea of the vaccine passport, but only if they increase its scope. For instance, if you were at the bar looking for a little action, before committing to that one night stand wouldn’t you want to see your maybe partner’s clearance of STDs? I mean STDs are a health crisis with millions of new infections each year costing billions of dollars and some of which are life-threatening. If it saves one life or saves one dollar…

The possibilities are endless.

ThePlagueFairy
15 days ago

The possibilities are endless.

Indeed

ThePlagueFairy
15 days ago

Late in the day greetings and salutations, Gerbildom! Oh look, I just used a supremacist greeting right there.

I hear the bridge to a new song coming on. Something along the lines of:

Just one more shot on the bar, Jimmy
Just one more mark on my paper
I loved her with all of my heart, Jimmy
I never know what that girl means

Just one more shot on the bar, Jimmy
Just one more mark on my paper
She said that my heart was too white, Jimmy
I’ll never know what that girl meant.

It’s not good at all but you get the idea. I really come up with better stuff when I’m singing and not doing it in my head while dv8 sleeps beside me. Shhhhhhh…..HE’S SLEEPING!!!!

The RA Heinlein lover and sci-fi writer Sarah Hoyt encourages all to use their varied arts and proclivities to actually make things…like circulating the broadsheet of old, to skewer and fight the insane state we’re in. I agree. She writes some very fun libertarian science fiction. The artist Sabo has been doing the same with his posters and billboards in California for years. If we’re going to live in clown world we ought to send in the clowns!

Hey, I saw Jerry! A Jerry sighting is good luck!

I hope you are well, Sven.

Last edited 15 days ago by ThePlagueFairy
Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

JImmy was a good ol’ country boy
Never meant no one no harm
Karen was a 40-ish sometimes blonde
Could’ve used a helpin’ of charm

ThePlagueFairy
15 days ago

Yay, Paddy’O! Racist greetings, Paddy.

Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

Speaking of racist, I’ve taken to checking “other” on forms that ask for my race. If they supply a blank to fill in, I add “Celtic”.

ThePlagueFairy
Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

clown-pepe-honkler-honk-honk.jpg
ThePlagueFairy
15 days ago

Ouch! The stupid, it burns! As a past student of ethnomusicology I declare this — oh, see, I told all y’all I didn’t have the chops for this anymore. Something like this needs the Fatwa treatment. It hurts my heart.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

This is all par for the course. I have been warning people about this kind of thing for 35 or 40 years.

I’ve also been spitting in the ocean, but have not noticed the level going up at all yet.

15 days ago

Wow, a Harper sighting, a Jerry sighting, and a blue glove sighting all on the same day! The planets must have aligned or something.

ThePlagueFairy
Reply to  Just Mac

Sneaky Gentle Mac sighting, SquEaK!