Whatever the hell’s in Mac’s thread pic, my family never ate it…yeccch!

Sven --

Cool that you have a caricature of one of your graddads. (And thanks to Paddy for teh translation.)

Among other delightful JimCo tasks for today is revising the nastygram to an HOA which is treating us quite shabbily…and basically trying to extort us for a construction defect we uncovered last year.

I’m sharpening my middle fingers in preparation for the revision. 👿

Sadly, this almost certainly means we will not be getting a ~$250K gig to finish off reroofing a property we did about half of last year…but at this point, we don’t have much interest in working for them again.

Lousy. Rat. Bastards.

BBL.

==========================

I wonder what this instrument sounds like, not to mention how one plays it:

ass clarinet.jpeg
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

It’s normally played either standing, or while lying down with your knees up, which is why the ass clarinet is not popular in orchestras, where everyone else is seated. It also explains the lack of solos written for the instrument. NB: if you play more than one type of clarinet, be sure to keep your reeds separated.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Reply to  Just Mac

Don’t even get me started on the assoon and contra assoon.

That has to be the grossest thread pic ever.

That sucks about the lost job, Fatwa -- it’s one thing to not get or lose a job for valid reasons and quite another when it’s due to no good reason and purposeful misrepresentation, especially when you know you could have done a quality job.

The drawing of my grandfather, with the exception of the size of his nose, is a little misleading. “La Parola” refers to La Parola Del Popolo -- a Chicago-based publication associated with the Italian Socialist Federation from the early 1900’s. It was primarily anti-fascist, long before the fashionable antifa bullshit that we see today, and supportive of the labor unions.

By all accounts, my grandfather was a committed socialist and a very tough, educated, SOB. He died when I was four and so sadly I have only a couple memories of him. I really wish I’d had a chance to know him.

Last edited 6 months ago by Sven 2-0
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

Sure Happy It’s Thursday, Gerbil Nation!

Fatwa -- good luck with the letter. Don’t wear out your middle fingers -- I’m sure you’re going to need them again. Seriously though, the way they have treated JimCo, you don’t want or need their work. Let someone else deal with their b.s.

Sven -- thanks for the correction on La Parolo, as well as the explanation and information on your grandfather. I’m sorry you didn’t have more time to know him.

Huh. Took me awhile to recall the Dune reference in the thread pic. My mind isn’t quick anymore, but it eventually, sometimes, gets there.

I don’t follow any Hollywood celebrities, but I see them pop up now and then to opine on world and domestic affairs. This week it’s been Israel bad and ban all guns. I wonder if they ever talk about their own professions or industries? Not scandals or anything, but like different methods of acting or singing or getting people back to theaters?

Sniff. Didn’t get called in for jury duty this week.

Reply to  Just Mac

Thanks, Mac. If I ever served, and I’ve been called and sat around court houses at least a dozen times, I’d do my best. And agree with you -- you can’t hide what you believe in to get on a jury, although I’d might maybe make an exception if it were a 2A type of case.