Teh Squeaky Wheel
Nice and cool out here this morning--should be a decent week as far as the weather goes.
Thoughts and prayers for a successful and just outcome, Paddy. Today is the day if I remember right.
Top o’ teh week gaaaaaaaaaaaah! from glum, overcast, Happy Larryville, GN!
In an odd fashion, today’s thread pic suits my mood this morning; right about now, I want to scream a word which rhymes with “duuuuuuuuuck!!” 😉
Good morning, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning Sven and Fatwa!
Today is the day if I remember right.
Today is the day that the Chief Personnel Officer is going to the board to recommend my dismissal. Interestingly enough, I got a call from my employment attorney on Friday afternoon. After talking with the attorney for the district, it seems they want to settle. The CPO wants to wrap this up before she starts her new job in another district. They offered pay and benefits through the end of December, but welcomed a counter-offer. We’re going for pay and benefits through the end of the school year and a neutral reference. If I decide to fight the dismissal and win, all I get is back pay and my job back (which I would leave as soon as possible, anyway). So in the truest sense, there is no possibility for justice.
In at last! I was so worried!
Sounds like some positive developments, Paddy. And I understand too that justice isnt going to happen, but if you can stave off a career ending incident, that would be a win. And if they pay you off for the school year, that gives you plenty of time to get something else going.
I hope today had some good news.
If it were me, I’d be thinking about how to get someone’s name to SWMNBN.
So we’re bombing Libya. Or Syria. Or Iraq. Isn’t it about time for Obama to pop out of the White House like the ugliest cuckoo bird ever and announce that this isnt a war against Muslims?
So, the negotiations with the district continue. According to their lawyer, they are “VERY stuck” on payment only through December. They did offer COBRA until June. I countered with “I’m willing to stand pat and wait for the statement of charges and investigative report”. They countered with “we need you to move some on the pay portion -- how about February?” I’m now at “I’ll go with April, but you cover COBRA through August (when coverage from a new school employer would take effect.) We’ll see. Apparently the CPO is at the board meeting and wants to present a deal to the board. So sorry if I’m not glued to my computer waiting for emails.
Oh, apparently they think that I can just return to industry, so what’s the big deal. For a Chief Personnel Officer to have so little clue about the realities of hiring is appalling.
We’re in the best of hands.