Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Sunday salutations from slowly-warming Happy Larryville, GN!

I suspect that ArachnophobicK would concur with teh remedies in Mac’s thread pic. Since it appears to come from an Aussie website, I presume that those critters start at dinner-plate-sized and progress up to something just shy of Shelob.

A blessed Sabbath, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa!

I hope Jim Teh Roofer and crew were able to affect a repair on the problematic roof without being blown hither-and-yon. It was quite windy at times, yesterday.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Hai, Paddy!

Repairs seem to have been successful, thanks; I don’t think it was very windy onsite. Unit owner was contacted during the rain in the SFV last night and reported everything was just the way it should be.

Need to put together an informational (and self-serving) photo report today to accompany the invoice, as the Association certainly needs a lot more roofing work sooner rather than later.

Good morning and happy Sunday! Some good rain going on out here as this part of the storm moves through. Not much else happening.

Oh yeah: doing taxes today. It’s teh suck.

I finished those on Monday -- yeah, it sucks.

Just back from a rainy ride in my truck with Mrs Sven. We drove around the area so we could watch my truck’s odometer hit 100,000 miles!

Yes, we do live an exciting life.

That’s nice that President Obama issued a statement about the death of Leonard Nimoy. Funny how when Chris Kyle was murdered, not a peep out of him.

If Obama had a son, he’d look like Spock.

…and not like Chris Kyle.

Heh

Driving around the area, I’ve seen a whole bunch of CalTrans signs around on-ramps and off-ramps advising motorists that construction will be occurring soon and to expect delays. All of these signs, with the exception of the actual dates, say the same thing: “this off ramp will be closed intermediately between April 7 and April 30” which got me thinking: just WTF does “intermediately” mean?

It’s a cross between “immediately” and “intermittently” -- meaning they’ll close it just as you approach the ramp, but only on random days.

A water line broke in my neighborhood, causing the shut-off of water, forcing us to go out for dinner (and craft beer!). When we returned, the water was back on.

As I was not cooking dinner, the blame cannot be placed on me.
Seriously.