Top o’ teh mornin’, GN!

Per Dad, my family’s coat of arms contains the Latin for “Don’t Eat The Yellow Snow”. (He designed and made one out of stained glass; I’ll take a pic and post it later; doesn’t have the motto on it, alas.)

Mac --

Congratters on the new arrival; happy to read mama and child are doing well!

Sven --

A cruise, eh? It’s a fun idea (and I’ve never been on one).

However, I’m thinking that the logistics of something like an L.V. 10th anniversary meet-up might be a lot simpler due to frequent, fairly reasonable flights -- and many direct ones -- from all over, much more flexible travel scheduling for folks, etc.

Might be a good idea for those Wheelizens who are in touch via FB only these days to see if there’s any consensus; I shall mention it to LambiePieK.

BBL.

The light’s not great at this hour, but here’s Papa Arbuckle’s design:

Non comedes croceo nix

Your father did some nice work there, Fatwa.

Hai, Sven!

And cheers; Dad did some wonderful stuff with stained glass, wood and photography.

Wish that he’d had the luxury of more time for his creative pursuits. OTOH, one thing we never worried about was that he was going to be bored when he retired…

Sure Happy It’s Thursday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa and Sven!

Fatwa -- I love the stained glass window, and the design (and the motto).

I’m going over to my BIL’s later this morning to help him work on the brakes on his ’65 1/2 Mustang. It’s been a long while since I touched drum brakes -- should be interesting.

Hai, Paddy!

Thanks for the complimentary words re Dad’s work. (I must also note that he came up with that motto several years before Zappa’s “Don’t Eat The Yellow Snow” was released.) 🙂

Hope the work on your BIL’s ‘Stang goes smoothly. (There’s a bit of a difference between “drum brakes” and “drum breaks”, n’est çe pas?)

And speaking of the latter, here’s a Wiki article re -- arguably -- the most famous drum break evar: the Amen break.

Drums kilt teh thread:

Now I remember why I hate drum brakes.
We replaced the bad cylinders and bled the system, but it wasn’t fun and I’m not as flexible as I used to be.

What you need, Paddy is nice garage and a lift; then you wouldn’t have to be nearly as bendy.

Any news out of the interview last week?

I hear news of “negative interest rates” and that doesnt sound like much fun. I’d sooner pull all my money out and stuff it under my mattress or bury it in a deep hole in the yard.

Oh crap! I’m missing the Democratic debate! Poof