Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Happy Caturday, GN!

Was just reading about the renovations to Cleveland’s Public Square for the convention. Projected cost: $32 million; actual cost: $50 million.

Looks like they took their design cues from the Hyatt Regency in San Francisco, which was completed in 1973. But hey…progress!

Another article indicated that more than 10% of the properties in Cuyahoga County are in arrears re their property taxes; criminy.

Sven
Sven

Cleveland rocks. I miss the Drew Carey show.

Sven
Sven

Happy Caturday, Gerbil Nation!

At least Cleveland only went $18 million over budget, Here in JerryBrownland our high-speed rail was that much over budget before the votes were counted.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Hai, Sven and Paddy!

Paddy --

(Sad) “heh!”

As you’re aware, Moonbeam’s imbecilic choo-choo sop to unions and mouth-breathing voters was a rather Brobdingnagian project compared with renovating a four-small-block open area of a failing city.

Also hate the way that Section 8 and “tolerance” for thuggish ghetto behavior have ruined the inner-ring ‘burb I grew-up in. Shootings were incredibly rare there when I was a kid; now there’s at least one a week. Not to mention a huge increase in robberies -- including on the street, burglaries and thefts including autos and carjackings.

(BTW -- My folks picked that place in ’63 because it was already integrating and had excellent schools.)

And, of course, most folks there are still anti-gun and think it’s oh-so-very wrong to shoot at the little shits taking your stuff or attacking you.

I’d love to be wrong, but I think the convention will be an unpleasant experience for both visitors and residents.

You forgot to add “voters” to that list.
Just sayin’

Sven
Sven

Well, Cleveland still rocks, right?

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

[glindatehgood]

“Voters, too.”

[/glindatehgood]

During the times I lived there, I never found that Cleveland particularly rawked. However, I think by the time the convention’s done, one will be able to say “Cleveland throws rocks”.

(I honestly expect it will be somewhat reminiscent of the Seattle WTO meeting in ’99 but on a smaller scale.)

Sven
Sven

I’m fascinated by the whole “gender identity” brouhaha going on and have spent some time digging into source records. For instance, the LAUSD which I’m sure Paddy knows more about than I do, issued a policy bulletin in 2014 that states as a guiding principle:

“The school shall accept the gender identity that each student asserts. There is no medical or mental health diagnosis or treatment threshold that students must meet in order to have their gender identity recognized and respected…Each student has a unique process for transitioning. The school shall customize support to optimize each student’s integration.”

As a man/woman/whatever thinks, so he/she/whatever is. And you will accommodate, respect, accept and shut up about it.

Fascinating, this 21st century.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Between the über-prevalent “progressive” ethos in Cuyahoga County, the outside agitators, stunningly inept local officials and lousy cops, I doubt Cleveland’s going to end-up with the net financial windfall and favorable PR they’re expecting.

I do hope I’m wrong.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Sven --

We should try and figure out what the next goofy leftist social trend is going to be…and start a consulting firm. 👿

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Hai, Mac!

Also: heeeeeeeee!

How are you and Elena doing?

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Mac --

Glad to hear good news from you; may things stay on the same trajectory.

Brenda’s still busy at work; she’s enjoying a pre-dinner nap right now (while I’ve been prepping fajita-related stuff). She’s scheduled to take this coming Thursday and Friday off, which will be nice. 🙂

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Maaaaaaan…I’m stuffed like a Christmas goose. (And there’re plenty of leftovers for dinner tomorrow; teh yay!)

While we were eating, we thought kindly thoughts of Texas for bringing us the deliciousness that is fajitas. (I’m hoping if I get good enough at cooking them, maybe we’ll be allowed to immigrate there in the event y’all secede and GA goes T.U.)

TX Immigration Checkpoint Guard: “Good afternoon, ma’am and sir. Do you have anything to declare?”

Me: “We’ve got 20 assorted guns and a metric carp-ton of ammo in the trunk.”

Guard: “Welcome home, folks!”

Hey, y’all!
I’ve been off to the wedding of a dear, young lady whom I’ve known for over a decade and a half. I have to admit that it’s a little weird being the age of the bride and groom’s parents.

Sven -- in 2014 a law took effect in the state of California that basically mandated everything that is referenced in the LAUSD directive.