Happy Thursday, GN!

Good morning and thanks for the laugh out loud, Fatwa!

“Thursday ain’t for sh*t”

Little Jack Tatum disappeared for a few days, but came back last night demanding dinner. Showed up this morning for breakfast.

Prayers for those that need ’em and it’s off to the teh bestest place ever. Good luck on the remodeling, Paddy.

Hai, Sven!

I thought you and TeX in particular might be amused by that photo.

Exciting morning: LambiePieK’s car broke down about three miles from here; she called just as I was getting into the shower. Raced over to her location to swap cars and then wait for AAA. Had an outstanding tow driver (who gave me a lift back to CasaK). Already called his boss and AAA with effusive praise; car on the way to PMK’s shop for a new belt to replace the one which was shredded.

Off to shower and shave; BBL.

Sure Happy It’s Thursday, Gerbil Nation!

Fatwa -- sorry your morning is off to such a rough start. Glad you’ve got a good repair shop you can take the car to.

TehMermaid
TehMermaid

photo 79c8a011-7d51-4216-9b2d-2a334bf81f0f_zpsqynqjtvu.jpg

TehMermaid
TehMermaid

Bummer about the car. Hope the rest of BKs day goes better.
Where can a mermaid get a good cup o’ joe around here? I got up late and barely made it to to work in time. I blame Snugglehubby!

Reply to  TehMermaid

I’m having a hard time finding a “good” cup of joe.

I found this:

and of course, this:

Ah, here we go:

TehMermaid
TehMermaid

Snigglesnort!!

Thanks guys!

Hai, Paddy, Cali and Mac!

We are definitely appreciative of having PMK, his brother and their guys for our car care needs.

Criminy…what a day. I wish we had some beer in teh house (which is highly unusual for me).

France has been attacked again -- this time, Nice. As people were leaving a Bastille Day fireworks show, a large truck drove through the crowd. The number of dead keeps rising -- the last number I read was 60. Police fired on the driver, killing him. His name and ethnicity haven’t been released, but the city is on lock-down in anticipation of further attacks.

It will take them years to figure out the motivation of the killer, if ever.

I imagine James Taylor is packing his bags again.

I’ll bet it’s those dastardly Hutterites again. Or maybe teh Lubavitchers.

================

Saw some seriously disturbing cell phone video of the aftermath, but I feel compelled to be a virtual “witness”…at least to some of the atrocities.

It’s pretty fucking awful; criminy.

Looking forward to happy fun-time sleep tonight.

I’m nowhere near as well-read in history as SackO’SugarK; nonetheless, I’m still pretty certain this shit gets worse before it gets better.

Sadly, I think you are right, Fatwa. I heard about this attack on my home tonight and really just felt like crying.

And then I did remember the whole John Kerry-James Taylor You Got a Friend bullshit and grew angry about that--how fuckin’ insulting and stupid and just plain embarrassing to be an American that day. The French should have picked Taylor up by the throat and kicked him out the door and then done the same to Kerry.