Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

G’day, GN!

Sadly, when our lunch party arrived at the Curry House in Calhoun yesterday (IMHO an odd place for an Indian restaurant), we discovered that it had closed. So we went and had a delightful Mexican lunch instead.

Enjoyed the company -- as always -- but I’m jonesing for curry. 🙁

Oh well, first world problems…

Sven
Sven

Hi, Fatwa: sorry you missed out on teh curry. And Happy Sunday, GN!

Great thread pic, Mac.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson
Reply to  Sven

Hai, Sven!

The craving can be easily be fixed as there are a lot more Indian restaurants near us than the ClanK compound, but LambiePieK and I rarely dine out.

A blessed Sabbath, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa--the-curryless, and Sven!

The winds broke some branches off a neighbor’s tree (that hangs over into our yard), but other than that no wind damage. I hope things are well at Sven’s Mountain Redoubt.

Reply to  Machinist

No damage, just some mess to clean up.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Hai, Paddy and Mac!

Wasn’t aware the Santa Anas were blowing that hard; I usually only care about precipitation in SoCal.

Paddy --

Very glad the downed tree branch didn’t damage anything.

Mac --

Lurve teh Mattis graphic.

Based on the opinions of the .mil folks I know (plus a little research), he seems to be a very good choice. (I doubt I’ll be saying that about most of PEOTUS’s picks.)

Sven
Sven

Hi Mac and Paddy!

Although the winds were really fierce up here, no major damage in the area. Some branches and stuff, but that was about it.

Sven
Sven

Taking Mrs Sven to the airport--she’s off on business again and leavign me all alone. Sniff.

Reply to  Sven

Did she warn the neighbors?

Safe travels for Mrs. Sven.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson
Reply to  Sven

An uneventful commute to Mrs. Sven; hope she got to leave from BUR.

Sven
Sven

She left from BUR, back has to fly back to LAX. She’ll be down your way, Fatwa: Jacksonville, FL.

And little Sven? Doing laundry, went to the market, and now have to make my dinner and lunch for tomorrow. Sniff

Sven
Sven

“The first place Oakland Raiders…” Still havent gotten tired of hearing that, but we play KC Thursday night and after that one, it might be the “tied for first place Oakland Raiders.

10-2 record--the first time they’ve been that good since 2002. Four games to go: my bet is that they split the remaining four and end the season at 12-4, which should be good enough to make the playoffs.

Fun watching the fans in Oakland. They deserve to have something to cheer about--been a long dry spell. With the exception of the Gruden years, this hasn’t been a competitive team since the early 90’s.