I guess that thread GIF’s one way to deal with flyaway hair.

G’day, Wheelizens!

Happy Birfday 2/7, RabBeet!!1!

I tried making a better cake last night, but it came out looking like Cesar Romero. 🙁

Hi, GN! Good morning, Fatwa.

Since it’s Wednesday, it must be time for another major crisis that threatens to tear the country apart.

Around 1:30 this morning, I woke to the sounds of Mrs Sven yelling at Jack Tatum. Outside on the back porch, there’s a medium-sized cardboard box, sealed with tape, and I can hear something in it scurrying around. It’s too small for Jack, but I’m scared to open it up.

Upon closer examination, the box has written on it “dead rat”. Uh, one part of that phrase may be correct, but the other isn’t.

So it’s a very large rat, still alive. Not in the best shape, but I took him over to the park and let him go. On the plus side, Tatum’s inside killing ground is the downstairs bathroom, so it makes it relatively easy to clean up.

Hai, Sven!

Uh, one part of that phrase may be correct, but the other isn’t.

Uh oh.

Is Jack Tatum now ordering rats from Amazon? Sheeeesh…they really do have everything.

Read about a ruckus over a new Pepsi ad yesterday; here’s a pretty good analysis of said ad (which is embedded in the article):

On the rare occasions I drink a soda, I want something sugary and fizzy and don’t give a flying fark about social relevancy, “Selma envy” (an accurate phrase used by the author of the linked article) or any of that other happy horseshit.

I just feel like drinking a damned soda…and I’m not a brand loyalist.

Oh, well…Pepsi won’t miss my purchase of one or two twelve-packs every year. (Especially now that Cheerwine markets their products locally.)

Happy Wednesday, Gerbil Nation!

Not-dead-yet rats and Pepsi? Not quite my idea of breakfast.

Happy birthday, 2 of seven, RabBiT! I was going to make you a cake, but between the rat and the Pepsi commercial, I kinda lost my appetite.

Hai, Paddy!

It just now occurred to me that Sven’s rodent could have been a zombie rat!!1! Sure hope he doesn’t come home to a park full of them.

I was wondering if the rat was discounted because it was in such poor condition? Maybe the supplier was having a blowout sale. Maybe Jack signed up for the Rat-of-the-Month club?

Rat cake…rat sorbet…rat pudding…rat on a stick…ratatouille…

Don’t give that little bastard any ideas.

Once again, Rahm Emanuel shows himself to be deserving wood-chipper fodder:

Mayor Rahm Emanuel said the new graduation requirements are something he has been considering since he was first elected in 2011. He said he wants to make sure CPS students don’t treat high school graduation as the end goal.

The mayor spoke briefly about the plan at a town hall meeting downtown on Tuesday, and formally announced the new requirement Wednesday morning at Malcolm X College. He said part of being successful in life is having continued education after high school.

Starting with next year’s freshman class, in order to receive their high school diploma, all CPS students would have to show an acceptance letter to a four-year university, a community college, a trade school or apprenticeship, an internship, or a branch of the armed services.

Reply to  Mac

Well, since he’s solved the murder crisis in his city, it’s only natural that he sets his sight on some other long neglected problem.

Hai, Mac!

Lurve that ad, Mac.

Idiots. This will really help the youth of Chicago.

Teh Tiny Dancer deserves a good curb-stomping; he’s a power-drunk little pus-bag.

I see that Pepsi has decided to pull their ad. That was remarkably quick.

Tired: Water cannons.
Wired: Pepsi cannons.

photo joy of pepsi_zpse9iggc3s.jpg

Pretty funny about the Pepsi ad. Perhaps some of their marketing people can come work at teh bestest place ever?

I don’t know -- y’all seem to have a mighty fine marketing department…