Teh Squeaky Wheel
Happy Caturday, GN!
Ducks. Not as bad as cats, but close.
Heh. I knew I could reel you in with that one, Mac!
Hai, Sven and Mac!
More craziness from California.
California threatens to shut down book signings and therefore small booksellers
Acting on purported consumer protection concerns, the legislature recently expanded its autograph law (which formerly only applied to sports memorabilia) to include any signed item worth over $5—including books. Under that law,
1. Note the purchase price and date of sale,
2. specify whether the item is part of a limited edition,
3. note the size of the edition, anticipate any future editions,
4. disclose whether the seller is bonded,
5. divulge any previous owner’s name and address,
6. if the book was signed in the presence of the seller, specify the date and location of the signing, and identify a witness to the autograph.
Guess they’ve got the budget, pension, electricity and water shortfalls fixed.
Wonder which venal, drooling POS in the Assembly got taken by a fake autograph AND IS GONNA SHOW THEM HE CAN’T BE PUSHED AROUND! HE’LL MAKE THEM PAY…HE’LL MAKE THEM ALL PAY!