Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Sadly, CorporateToolK must go to work today. And I’ve got roofing-related stuff to do (plus spent a couple of hours yesterday on paperwork / phone calls).

Ergo: Monday…gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!1!

(Drat…Photobucket’s being dodgy this morning, so no carefully curated Monday GIF; tarnation!)

BBL.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Here’s teh Monday GIF; it may or may not appear given what’s going on with PB.

photo monday swing jump_zps59yy2chj.gif

Sven
Sven

Good morning and happy Monday, GN! Thanks, Fatwa, for the Paris Hilton vid. Cool.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Hai, Sven!

“Paris Hilton”; heeeeeeeeee!

Good morning, Gerbil Nation!

I’m sorry Teh Lurvely BrendaK has to work today, but glad that she is gainfully employed.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Heya, Paddy!

Mrs. A. and I are both grateful she’s gainfully employed. (And that it looks to be a pretty good year for roofing in SoCal, too.)

Sven
Sven

Huh. Who could have foreseen this?

“It’s like a tidal wave of expenses coming our way,” said San Jose Unified trustee Kimberly Meek.

Despite a bright economic climate, voter-approved state tax hikes and $74.5 billion that California will devote to K-12 education and community colleges in 2017-’18 — a $3.1 billion year-over-year increase — schools are in financial distress.

Reply to  Sven

Faced with significant salary hikes and ballooning health benefit and pensions, school districts across the state scrambled to balance their budgets at the end of the fiscal year.

Gee, I wonder where those “significant salary hikes and ballooning health benefit and pensions” came from? Factor in the poor decision-making by the SJW’s who run the CalPERS and CalSTRS pension systems and you’ve got a real problem on your hands.

Sven
Sven

What? The well is running dry?!?

Reply to  Sven

Increase the taxes!

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

CalPERS was already in deep voodoo at least 15 years ago. (In part because they foolishly assumed that they were gonna pull an 8%+ return every single year like that was some immutable law of nature.)

CalPERS is currently assuming a 7.5% rate of return, but after failing to meet that for two years running, has decided to lower their ROR to 7% by 2020. They’ll lower it a modest 1/8th of a point in the 2017-18 fiscal year, then another 1/8th in 2018-19, and 1/4 point in 2019-20. Yeah, that pretty much says, “Let’s pretend to make changes and hope a miracle happens.”

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

They’ll never learn. Wonder how many tens of billions (or more) they’re short these days? 👿

The unfunded liability is about $113 billion.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Cri. Min. Ee.

Sven
Sven

My cousin called while I was at work today -- his sister is improving. Not improving to like she’ll live -- but improving enough to maybe move to an assisted living facility. It’s quite incredible, although long term there still appears to be little to no hope.

I honestly don’t know if this is good or bad news and I hope you all understand what i mean by that.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson
Reply to  Sven

…and I hope you all understand what i mean by that.

I believe I do.

I hope that however it plays out will be the least carpy way for your cousin. (Don’t mean to sound cavalier; sometimes there ain’t no purty way to express things.)

Reply to  Sven

I understand, Sven. It seems wrong to pray for a swift, painless death, but it isn’t.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Unperson

Several of the neighbors are already lighting-off fireworks; excellent! (As they almost always stop at 22:00 per local noise ordinances.)

photo jefferson - due tomorrow_zpshdzbqdea.jpeg