Goooooood morniiiiiiiiiing, GN!

It’s like teh thread capybara is admonishing me to take a shower, so that’s what I shall do.

Thanks, giant South American rodent!

BBL.

I’m impressed, Fatwa. I had no idea what that thing was.

Hey, Sven!

I don’t know why I knew that was a capybara (although, TBH, I did double check myself); my brain’s got some odd trivial knowledge rattling around in it.

But I suck at Trivial Pursuit; the Sports category always trips me up due to my profound ignorance.

Can you eat them? Are they kosher?

Happy Capy-bara Tuesday, Gerbil Nation!

I helped Teh Younger build a computer yesterday. Now he just needs a monitor to go with it (he has a temporary fill-in monitor). With so many products out there, it gets really tedious wading through all the various options, while searching for decent specs at a reasonable price.

That’s cool, Paddy. Always wanted to do that, but never have.

Actually assembling the computer and loading the OS is pretty straight-forward. Picking out all the components is the hard part (unless you have an unlimited budget).

A lot of the oak trees around here, both the California Live Oaks and the Valley Oaks, look to be on their last legs. Drought or disease, don’t know. There’s one big one in the park next door up the hill that Mrs Sven loves, so I dragged garden hoses up there and am deep watering it. Don’t know if it will help or hurt, but it wasn’t looking good before so I’ll give it a try.

Teh Older tells me that their is a soil pathogen that has been brought over from Asia that causes Sudden Oak Death Syndrome. If that is what’s affecting your oaks, there is nothing that can be done, but watering won’t hurt.

I’m on my 6th week of not smoking. Been tempted more than once, but so far haven’t given in. Work is a lot lonelier though without smoke breaks.

That’s great news. Sven!