Um, Ominous Thread Pic Friday? 😉

Today’s going to be a short day…because Winter Solstice!!1!

Brane knot werking gud rite nao; BBL.

Happy Shortest Friday of the Year, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa!

Wouldn’t it make more sense to have the shortest day on a Monday? Who plans these things?

Hiya, Paddy!

Who plans these things?

Them peeps with the weather machine, I think.

It figures!

It’s my fault -- I forgot to send this month’s payment.

Hmmmm. Need to catch up on teh other threads to see what you guys have been up to.

Just having a card game with the raccoons. I think the cats have taught them how to cheat.

Oh noes -govt shutdown!

Already I’m feeling less protected. The safety of the food at my local market has probably fallen to Dark Ages status. I can feel the quality of the air I breathe changing -- minute by minute. The dollars in my pocket are becoming ever more worthless. Whatever are we to do?????!!!??!??!???!!!

It’s a good thing I’m already dead from the lack of Net Neutrality.

Zombie Fatwa!!!!!

I may have to catch up tomorrow. Something has died somewhere in the house. No, it’s definitely not Mrs Sven or Tatum -- likely something rodenty.

All I want for XMAS is an exterminator -- I cannot, despite best efforts, make this place rodent proof.

We got the rodents out of the house and garage a couple of decades ago, but struggle with them outside -- they love the bird feeder -- although since the neighbor’s palm tree was trimmed they have temporarily found another place to live. I’ve had good luck with some of the rat bait blocks, especially when I coat them in peanut butter, but it seems I can no longer buy the effective rat poisons. The EPA has banned them for household use. I may need to put an owl nesting box in our pine tree and see if that works.