A blessed Sabbath, Gerbil Nation!

Cute thread-gif, Mac!

It looks like we’ve got a day or so to dry out, then moar rains! We just got the tail-end of things down here -- about 3/4 of an inch. It looks like there was much more rain further north. If only we had a means to capture and store all of that rainwater. Thanks Gov. Moonbeam!

Water storage is so last century, Paddy. High speed rail is the thing.

Reply to  Machinist

I think the quick train north is scheduled for 2040 or so, Mac.

And from what I read, “quick” will be a very subjective term.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator
Reply to  Machinist

Electricity.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Given teh wee thread pug is completely ignoring a bowl on the ground, I am concerned he has already developed a taste for human flesh. FEAR THE GOOGLY EYES!

Due -- in part -- to a happy cell phone mishap on Friday, LambiePieK and I will be meeting K8-E and PMK for South-of-teh-Border cuisine at a fairly new place this evening. We are informed the decor includes luchador masks. 🙂

More importantly, they haz fajitas on the menu; I’ve had a hankering for weeks, so YAY!

BBL.

Are fajitas in short supply in Georgia, Fatwa? Corn or flour tortillas?

For the first time in 2019, I feel human. Yeah.

Here’s hoping the Chargers pull out the upset and send NE packing today.

Amen

Uh, not this year. Sheesh -- what a drubbing, but i have to hand it to Rivers -- the man has no quit in him.

They made quite a bit of gain, but not enough. This is the best showing from the Chargers in, well, a long, long time.

Not seriously watching the LAUSD strike story, but from what I’m reading the union insists on a 6.5% pay increase retroactive to 2016 while the district is offering 6%.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

G’day, Paddy (whose first comment I missed entirely; my bad), Sven and Mac!

Looks like most of our service area will be getting ~4″ between now and Thursday; whee! (Jim teh Roofer was going to procure several buckets of “wet patch” mastic Friday on the assumption it may be in short supply in a couple of days.)

Really a shame that CA didn’t spend some of that Train to Nowhere money building catch basins. But as Sven noted, that’s so “last century”. As opposed to choo-choos, which are so 19th Century.

Waiting for Gavin Newsome to declare, “Let them eat smelt!”

Sven --

Glad you’re feeling better; hope Mrs. Sven is, too.

Fajitas are not as readily available in GA as in SoCal…but they’re not entirely unknown here.

Oh, flour tortillas with fajitas; with tacos, could be either/or depending upon caprice. (Although I think carnitas tacos pretty much demand corn; go figure.)

Watching a bit of the talking heads this morning and those Dems running or thinking of running for POTUS- my one thought is how will we tell them apart? So far, each one of them has the same lefty talking points with free stuff for all and less liberty for everyone.