Happy Rocco Raccoon Caturday, Wheelizens!

(Does the potential offensiveness of unflattering ethnic stereotypes carry-over to anthropomorphized animals?) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I burst out laughing. I wasn’t trying to be a dick or mock him, but it just burst out of me and then I couldn’t stop.

I must admit that I chortled while reading that. Sometimes, you get a (metaphorical) fever and the only cure is more laughter!!

BBL.

america the beautiful.png

Hi, Fatwa, and happy Saturday, GN!

Read a bit about the shooting in Virginia Beach last night -- that they haven’t identified the shooter even when they know who it is it makes me think there’s something that doesn’t fit the white racist redneck NRA shooter narrative. Terrorism or ethnicity is my guess.

Hi, Sven --

You are correct, sir!

The ID’d shooter was an engineer and long-term municipal employee named DeWayne Craddock.

Leave us just say a Google Images search strongly suggest he would not have been likely to join the Klan.

Picture my shocked face.

I saw part of a press conference where a LEO chief was praising his officers and their quick response time -- that they were on scene in minutes and immediately engaged Craddock preventing further loss of life.

Brave men doing what they were trained to do and not hesitating to do it, but small consolation to those already shot and killed in the minutes before they arrived. When seconds count…

Beautiful thread pic, Mac. Off to work -- need to do a few hours today. Poof

Happy CatRaccoonturday, Gerbil Nation!

Sven -- I think long and sustained laughter was the best response to your friend’s comments. It expresses your opinion, and leaves nothing to fight against.

I’m sure the shooting in Virginia Beach will go down the memory hole rather rapidly.

Off to help some friends pack up their house.
Y’all have a good day and be sure to refill the “water” bottles.

Hope the pack up went well, Paddy.

It did. We got the kitchen and china hutch completely packed. Most everything else was already done. It’s amazing how fast it can go when you a) have the right materials, and ii) know what you’re doing.