Now those are some yoga pants, Mac. 🙂

==============================

As you’ve probably seen, there was another mass shooting -- in Dayton, OH -- last night. I’m personally gonna hang with the “48 hour” rule (or longer) re opining beyond my complete and utter lack of faith in the FBI to properly investigate and report these crimes or anything. Ever.

Criminy.

Hi, Fatwa,

It’s a sad morning. I feel a fight coming on two fronts: against these assholes that target and murder the innocent and against the media and the political left in America that are going to seize this opportunity to not only push more laws that won’t change anything, but are also going to brand half of America as racists white supremacists.

Tell you what, on the political side, please Donald Trump just keep your hands off the keyboard and your mouth for a few days.

I can’t help but be curious as to the lack of details coming out of the Ohio shooting. No race identified for either the shooter or the victims.

G’mornin’, Sven!

Yeah, the 2A is gonna really be under assault for the next little bit.

And we will not ever get an honest reckoning from LE or the media.

Also, pols should STFU about these shooting for the next few days except for expressing their condolences…but they won’t.

On a more upbeat note, LambiePieK and I were just riffing on “urban” translations of famous Shakespeare quotes.

I am pleased to report that we continue to be bad people. But we sure make each other laugh a lot. 😉

A blessed Sabbath, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa, and Sven.

I was just reading about the Dayton shooting. Apparently they have just released the name of the murderer, but nothing more.

I think I’m gonna stay off of Twitter for a couple of days; reactions to the shootings have pretty much turned everything up to a total volume of 22.

Including my misanthropy. 😉

get on the train, they said.jpg
1 year ago

Understandable, Fatwa.

1 year ago

I’m not on twitter, but I am avoiding most cable news and teh intertubes. This is a watershed moment though, mostly because 1) none of Dem candidates have anything that sounds remotely like an intelligent winning issue/idea, and 2) the media understands that none of the Dem candidates has anything that is close to an intelligent winning issue/idea. Not to mention their collective butthurt over the collapse of Mueller/collusion narrative and no interest from the American public to impeach Trump.

So now there’s an issue and they will run it into the ground. They can tie racism, which no one in the media even questions anymore, to dead bodies, assault weapons, white supremacy and Trump.

I think it might be time for the 2A crowd and the Republicans to accept that we are going to have to give up something and it might be to our longer term advantage to offer it up first and negotiate something in return. Universal background checks with a 10-year sunset clause or full state reciprocity for concealed carry or no fees on the background checks. Then let the Dems kill themselves with more bullshit amendments that you know they will add to any bill offered.

I floated this by Mrs Sven -- yeah, she’s not going there. She’s done with compromising and is unwilling to give an inch anymore. I don’t blame her. When I read some of the comments coming from the Left about the NRA, gun owners, and Trump supporters, my inclination is just to say fuck off too.

I am keeping my eye out for local anti-2A rallies, oh excuse I meant to say Common Sense Gun Safety rallies, and we’ll make plans to attend like we did last year. This time though, I’ll reach out to everyone I know and and any local 2A groups I can find. We need to make our presence known.

1 year ago

How far gone are we? And how close to armed conflict? I don’t know.

1 year ago

It’s interesting that the NRA is supposedly the most powerful lobby in Washington and yet they spent around $5M last year -- didn’t even come close to breaking in to the top 20. How does that work?

1 year ago

Facts can be tricky things, apparently.