Happy Thursday, GN!

Just mowed teh front lawn; hope I’ll only need to do that a couple of more times this year. (Current weather about 67ºF and overcast, so not a killer today.)

BBL.

Good morning, Fatwa -- I can’t believe you had to mow the lawn again.

Heya, Sven!

I can’t believe it, either.

Resser-fresser Gaia beeyotch…

Sure Happy It’s Thursday, Gerbil Nation!

Fatwa -- 67°F? That’s downright chilly!

One of the special education teachers I supervise is great with kids and parents, but technologically inept. This includes lacking the ability to correctly fill out forms online, despite repeated training. This is a rather big deal, considering we are an online school. I spent a good portion of yesterday sending her corrections to her paperwork, rechecking when she had made the changes, then sending back some of the same corrections. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Har!

Hee!

I noticed that none of the houses on that street have trash cans out -- perhaps this company takes the whole can and then returns them later?

I wonder if they wash and sanitize them before returning them?

Hyuk!

I wonder of that neighborhood is like CasaK was when I moved here re trash. We had our choice of (IIRC) four different garbage companies, so different houses had theirs picked-up on different days.

About five years ago, the county put a stop to that…much like L.A. did. (‘Cause the peasants don’t deserve free choice for stuff like that; they might make a decision of which their rulers disapprove.)

F*ckers.

Those trash cans would make perfect temporary housing for CA’s homeless population. You may have to drill a few holes in the top, but other than that they would do nicely.

I think holes in the bottom, to let the “waste products” drain out would be more appropriate.

What’s up with Colt no longer making AR-15s?

They’ll just make them for the military market. I think they’re trying to #gowoke.

But that means they really were WEAPONS OF WAR!!!!!!!

Oh, and for law enforcement. Can’t forget them. I know they like to think of themselves as not-civilians.

Just off the phone from my friend in Houston -- 4 feet of rain in the last 2-3 days. Her place is OK though.

And now I need to check on my old Polish friend. He checked himself out of the hospital yesterday, against doctor’s advice. Frickin’ old people.

Well the old Polack is still alive and since on my mother’s side I’m Polish and Czech I can say words like Polack without being called a racist. Not that anyone cares about what anyone calls white people.

Tredeau and another worldwide conversation about white privilege, the evils of white people, and costume appropriation. FFS. Between that and the latest Kavanaugh non-story it’s just another typical week.

Reply to  Mac

Well, darn it, Mac. It looks like you are going to have to be stuck here with us for a few more years anyhow. Besides, if you left that would make Fatwa thread god and every damn morning it would be another lawn mowing gif.

Or little coon buggers breaking up Capodimonte artwork.

I needed a good laugh and got it from Ace directing me to the Beto-reddit-ama. Hilarious -- it gives me hope for America. j

This really is funny.

Q: How will you confiscate the millions of AR 15s?

Beto’s answer: Americans will comply with the law. It will be a mandatory buyback of AR-15 and AK-47s, weapons designed for war. Because we understand that theres no reason for a any of us to own a weapon that was designed to kill people on a battlefield. Especially when that kind of weapon is so often used to kill and terrorize people throughout this country — in their schools, in their grocery stores, in their churches, in their synagogues, at concerts… everywhere. I have met countless AR and AK owners who say they don’t need it to hunt, they don’t need it for self defense, it’s fun to shoot but would give it up. Because they also have kids and grandkids and want them to be safe.

Followup question: Maybe you should just create laws against killing and terrorizing people instead? Surely Americans would comply with those laws, no?