TGIF, GN!

Is that thread pic the cat which ate the little girl’s goldfish?

*Looks around for creepy Frog Council*

Oh, good; looks like they’re gone. (I’m deeply suspicious of respiratory fence-sitters.) 😉

It appears that T.O.’s top cop Tim Hagel has disturbed quite a hornets’ nest by pulling his support from the fundraiser for Ron Helus’ family.

Wonder how that’s affecting morale at his agency…

==========================

Band nerds:

sousaphone armor.jpg
1 year ago

It’s nice when a cat does something nice for a mouse. Gives me hope for the future.

1 year ago

Hi, Fatwa. Yeah, quite the to do over the football fundraiser being canceled. I’m not ready to jump all in on this one yet -- I still feel it’s over the top outlandish -- and yet maybe 100% true.

1 year ago

I thought it might have been “start eating more baby back ribs” but I was wrong.

1 year ago

Notice how AOC didn’t really push back against that idea?

1 year ago

Time to get a move on. For your Friday listening pleasure.

Hi, Sven!

FWIW, article from the Ventura County Star re the fundraiser:

Off to procure comestibles (including Waddlemart; gaaaaaah!)

===========================

1 year ago

Geez. Can you imagine picking up that girl at the bar, doing some dirt, catching a few winks and then waking up to THAT!?

1 year ago

Well there was some instant karmic blowback. I hit the Post Comment button, took a sip of limoncello (who the hell turned me on to THAT poison), choked, and passed some of it back through my nose. Stuff burns.

1 year ago

That reminds me, I should filter my current batch and add simple syrup to bring it down to acceptable levels. I’ll also take a portion and make Crema di Limoncello. Yes, that’s right, limoncello in a cream base with a touch of vanilla.

1 year ago

Happy Friday, Gerbil Nation!

For some reason the Democrats have still not started impeachment proceedings against President Trump. It’s almost like they don’t love our country.

Hi, Paddy and Mac!

Finally had chance to listen to Charlie Musselwhite’s version of “Christo Redentor”, which I know was a hit for him years ago.

I was previously only familiar with the original version, which was recorded by jazz trumpeter Donald Byrd; it was written by his pianist at the time: Duke Pearson. (Pearson also wrote one of my fave jazz standards “Jeanine”, which later had lyrics added by Oscar Brown, Jr.)

The jazz version of “Cristo Redentor” (composer’s spelling) has rather different chords and a somewhat different melody.

1 year ago

But this version is great, is it not?

Re that weird woman at AOC’s event (and I concur with Mac she seems very troll-like) :

Doesn’t she know babies aren’t for eating; they’re for body parts? 👿

1 year ago

If you identify as Aztec, you can remove the still-beating heart, sell it for medical testing, then eat the rest.

All cultures are equal, you racist!

Reply to  Machinist

You called it correctly, sir.

(It was a bit reminiscent of Swift’s “A Modest Proposal”…)

obvious troll.jpg
self-evident bridge dweller.jpg
Reply to  Machinist

It was just too extreme and over the top.

Heartily concur; hence the “Obvious Troll…” memes.

If it was actually a pro-Trump group, they need to hire much better actors than the C-level community theater scenery-chewer in the video.

1 year ago

Speaking of babies, I quite like this song.