G’day, GN!!

Has teh thread kitteh been eating Imperial margarine??

Sven --

I don’t blame you for mostly ignoring last night’s debate; I expect it was a shitshow, and some comments I saw earlier indicate that was pretty much the case.

Now -- more than ever -- our presidential political process is a pawthetic friggin’ joke…with serious potential consequences.

Not good. Not good at all.

Reply to  Machinist

Which is why I had to teach my kids to put the butter away!

I would not be surprised if the damn cat was licking the butter.

*Removes top from plastic tub*

“Butter.”

“Hairball.”

“Butter.”

“Hairball.”

“I can’t believe it’s not -- hrrrck! -- hairball!”

Hi, Fatwa

Good morning, GN

Hi, Sven!

“The Squad” has endorsed Sanders, which is weird given their Jooo-hating proclivities.

So some wag made this:

bernie

Happy Wednesday, Gerbil Nation!

Fatwa -- I had forgotten about those Imperial margarine commercials. Remember when the government told us that saturated fats were bad and trans-fats were good? Margarine was even advertised as being “higher in poly-unsaturates, lower in saturated fat”. Trust the government -- they know stuff.

Heya, Paddy!

The gummint’s food pyramid has been upside-down for decades.

“Carbs good; meat and fat evil!”

Carbs being good was a bone tossed to pasta-eating Italians.

Frickin’ cats. Mrs Sven is out of town on business so it’s been me and Jack Tatum. He’s mopey. About 3:00 this morning, I hear him next to the bed vomiting. So I get up, check on him, he’s OK, and I start to go down the stairs to get cleaning supplies. And I slip on the second step. I managed to grab hold of the linen cabinet door, ripped that sucker right off, but kept going to land in a heap on the landing. Didn’t break anything, but my back that was just starting to feel better is messed up along with the toes on my left foot, my left wrist and my right shoulder.

Popped some pills, cleaned up the mess, and slept for a couple of hours. Went into work. Just got home now -- not too bad off, but despite my white privilege, old, fat, and out of shape is a bad combination.

But Jack Tatum seems to be OK.

As long as the cat’s OK….

Sorry to hear about your tumble down the stairs, and resulting damage -- both to yourself and the linen cabinet.

Heh. That’s exactly what i thought, Paddy.

Ben Shapiro had on some KamalToe sound bites from last night where she blathered on about abortion what laws are there about what men can or can’t do with their bodies. I wonder what those millions of men, yes, men, that fought, were wounded, and died in our country’s wars -- especially those men that didn’t volunteer but were drafted into service. How many woman draftees have died in our wars? Zero.

If you want to talk about reparations, how about ponying up a few bucks for all the descendants of draftees?

White men are privileged, they don’t get reparations.
Or at least so I’ve been told.

Well screw me. SoCalEdison just called -- we are once again under threat from high winds and no power beginning tomorrow. Good thing the refrigerator is nearly empty.

If only we had an actual choice in utility providers.