Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!1!

Halloween greetin’s, GN!

That’s quite teh scary pumpkin, Mac.

Very much hope Teh Svens and Teh Mountain Redoubt are not in any peril from the Easy fire (or any others which might pop-up).

I’m appalled at the number of fires in CA right now; it’s probably too much to hope that the past couple of years will prompt some meaningful changes to the way land is managed out there…

=====================

Yesterday I took a few minutes to go through the candy assortment bag I purchased 10 days ago and cull all of the Snickers, as they’re the big fave of a certain ginger of whom I’m middlin’ fond. (And who also knows where I sleep…)

I’ve managed to mostly refrain from dipping into our candy stash, as I continue to severely reduce sugar and carbs in my slow-but-steady effort to, erm, “downsize”.

Riffing off of Mac’s thread pic:

trumpkin.jpg
dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

that one is pretty cool. Looks like it’s using the pumpkin insides to make the hair, maybe??

1 year ago

Good morning, GN! Back to work for me. The Easy fire seems under control. New fire started in Riverside or San Bernardino.

1 year ago

The winds died down during the night so just slight breeze right now. No power-- maybe later — if we are good.

Poof (as a wonderful woman would say)

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Heya, Sven --

Glad to read what you said about the Easy fire and the lack of wind; hope firefighters can knock down all of the places that are burning today.

And that Santa California Edison decides that you and Mrs. Sven have been good. 😉

electricity nazi.jpg
1 year ago

Sure Happy It’s Thursday, Gerbil Nation!

My coworker in Simi Valley has a generator hooked up to her ‘fridge and has been using that to keep her cell phone and laptop charged. Unfortunately the wifi hotspot the company gave her to use hasn’t done a great job of keeping her online and she’s already used 90% of her monthly data allowance on her personal cell phone. BTW, it’s only day three of her billing cycle.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Trumpkin
Trumpkin is a fictional character in C. S. Lewis’ fantasy novel series The Chronicles of Narnia. Trumpkin is an intensely practical and skeptical dwarf who lives during the reigns of King Miraz and King Caspian X. He is a major character in Prince Caspian, briefly mentioned in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and is a minor character in The Silver Chair.Wikipedia
Race:
Dwarf
Nation:
Narnia
Gender:
Male

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Also now a Trumpkin is a pumpkin….

trumpkin.jpg
dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
Reply to  Machinist

…and a hardy good morning to you, Gentle Mac!

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
Reply to  Machinist

She’s doing pretty well, but tired today, she sends her love to you and all the Gerbils.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
Reply to  Machinist

Oddly, I think the same guy played the trumpkin as played Tyrion. In the most recent movies I guess.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Heya, Paddy, DV8 and Mac!

I concur the hair on the Trump-O’-Lantern looks like “pumpkin guts”.

Weird weather ’round here; 71ºF, dank and drizzly with the rain expected to move out late this afternoon and temps diving to a low of 33ºF in the wee hours tomorrow. Gonna be in the high 40s during Trick-Or-Treating hours, but at least no rain for the mephitic candy-grubbing urchins.

And no snow like Chicago got.

1 year ago

According to former Gov. Moonbeam, California’s wildfires are all caused by global warmening climate change, are exacerbated by climate change deniers (especially Republicans), and have nothing to do with crumbling infrastructure, environmental activism, and anti-science forest management policies.

I had to check my calendar to make sure it wasn’t the first of April.

1 year ago

Well if Brown said it, it must be true.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator
1 year ago

On the good-news front, all the fires seem to be under control. On the not-so-good news front, still no power for us.