1 year ago

Sure Happy It’s Thursday, Gerbil Nation!

Man, it’s felt like Thursday for three days now!

It’s only a few days until Super Tuesday, when the Dems learn that their plot to steal the nomination from Comrade Bernie failed and when the Dems in California refine their ballot-harvesting gain. I wonder how many precincts will report >100% voter participation?

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Happy “Trashy” Thursday, GN!

Hi, Paddy!

Fatwa, you are a rare treasure.

Awwwww…t’anks, Harper. I’ve never donned a kilt (as I’ve no plausible reason for doing so) but suspect I don’t have teh panache -- or legs -- to pull it off. Plus I think the official Joooish tartan’s kind o’ fugly.

…I hope you can never “overshare” here, with this group.

Concur; I’ve certainly benefited greatly from DHD and its “descendant” sites. 😉

I love you guys.

Me, too.

1 year ago

I don’t have teh panache

That’s why a proper kit includes a sporran.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

I looked up the official Scottish Jewish tartan. I thought it looked okay : ) I had a hard time finding a savable picture though, so I just gave up, as I’m at the “living room” TV computer.

1 year ago

Roofers in kilts. You could make a bundle. Tell Jim it was my idea though, OK?

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

I just found out my Dad is voting Democrat this time around!

I can’t believe it!!

Such an entrepreneurial guy who started from nothing and really did the bootstrapping American Dream thing for real…

I just don’t get it.

He NEVER would have voted this way when he was alive….

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

I know… it’s kind of an old joke, but it seemed apropos.

Happy trash panda Thursday, GN : )

Hey, dv8!
And heh!

1 year ago

That was funny. Thanks for that.

1 year ago

That’s a handsome looking coon!

1 year ago

I’m somewhat mystified as to how a new virus, quite similar to the flu, that hasn’t had any real effect on America has managed to drop the Dow by 10%. Where I work and where others that i know work, businesses are scrambling to come up with contingency plans.

Not to minimize the deaths that have occurred nor the discomfort of those that are sick with this virus, but it seems to be little more than a bad case of the flu. What am I missing here? Should i be panicking?

If we can’t handle this without tanking the economy, how are we going to handle the end of the world in 10 years?

Us'in's. Teh both of us. Together we are stronger...The DV8'ed Plague Fairy.

Sven, this event will realign the priorities of global trade before it’s over. It’s because my kind has bought all the remaining super sized rolls of Cottonelle on the Walmart website (only because Costco was already sold out). Even teh flu can disrupt supply lines and the gimp community will cause shortages around the world. Before you know it all y’all will be suffering through your workdays with no toilet paper -- in fact, no comfort paper products at all. It will be a return to burdock leaves where you work, my friend. Be prepared to be assigned to a foraging crew to supply your workplace with “the goods” for cleaning up in the bathrooms and thank your G-d you don’t live in Saudi where three stones are considered appropriate for that use.

I shall now go in search of documentation for that last claim as I’m aware of how outrageous it sounds to our western ears/eyes.

1 year ago

Really, that’s OK, Miss Harper. I believe you. Really.

1 year ago

OK. I admit it. I had to look up “sporran”.

1 year ago

Our betters up north: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/lynn-beyak-suspended-second-time-1.5478536

With little fanfare, the Senate of Canada voted today to suspend Sen. Lynn Beyak for the remainder of this parliamentary session because she failed to complete the anti-racism training she was directed to undergo the last time she was temporarily kicked out of the Red Chamber.

The Senate agreed, on a voice vote, to adopt the ethics committee’s latest report on Beyak, which calls for her suspension from the chamber so she can complete the prescribed training and take time to think about the harm she did to Indigenous people by posting racist letters on her website.

Us'in's. Teh both of us. Together we are stronger...The DV8'ed Plague Fairy.

Did she get sent to her room? Did they make her wear a funny hat?

1 year ago

Room, funny hat, and no dinner!

Hello Miss Harper. Good to see you.

Us'in's. Teh both of us. Together we are stronger...The DV8'ed Plague Fairy.

It’s always a pleasure, Sven.

I remember when your Dad passed and you were starting to go through your rough patch. I stopped reading about that time but I never stopped praying for you and Mrs. Sven daily. I’m so very joyful to know how well it turned out for you, Sir. Our God is a god of miracles.

Do you still make jewelry?

1 year ago

Thank you for your prayers, Miss Harper. The journey back to God has had its ups and down, but I think I’m still moving forward. As far as jewelry goes, my eyesight has been a problem the last few years and I haven’t attempted anything lately.

Us'in's. Teh both of us. Together we are stronger...The DV8'ed Plague Fairy.

Sorry about your eyesight. It’s frustrating, isn’t it? I hope you can find a solution that allows you to make things again. I remember it brought you much satisfaction.

1 year ago

Thanks. Ever since Trump became POTUS, it’s been one darn thing after another. Heh.

1 year ago

This ought to start at about the 10:30 mark. Listen to her introduction and the next tune, Fat Man. OK, no matter what I do, I can’t embed the video at that mark, so just skip ahead to 10:30 and watch the next five minutes.

Us'in's. Teh both of us. Together we are stronger...The DV8'ed Plague Fairy.

Thanks Sven! I enjoyed her first piece. I listened to the entire concert. Quite a voice! Powerful, smooth , controlled but amazing growling when she wants to use it. I’m glad she got clean it’s a sin to abuse a voice like that.

1 year ago

Time to get ready for tomorrow -- I leave teh wheel in your capable hands, Miss Harper. Good night all.

Us'in's. Teh both of us. Together we are stronger...The DV8'ed Plague Fairy.

Good night, Sven.

Thank you, I’ll watch it now.