ThePlagueFairy
1 year ago

Teh Yay!

Sleepy happy Friday, Gerbillinoes! I’m waiting for dv8 to get home from work so I can go back to sleep. (I like to pretend that I actually wait up for him all night. It’s ok that I’m sneaky ’cause I do go on to sleep during the day with him, too) Somebody’s gotta do all the sleeping you guys are too busy to do.

I’m a giver.

He’s home, he’s home, teh yay…I hear him!!

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Just popping in to say good morning before I say goodnight.

1 year ago

Happy Friday, GN! It’s weird -- the older I get, the faster the years roll by and yet it takes what feels like forever to get from Monday to Friday.

1 year ago

Sleep well, Sedona contingent.

1 year ago

Happy Friday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning (night), Harper, dv8, and Sven!

Plaguie -- that’s why we love you!

Sven -- well put. Some weeks seem like they have at least three Mondays.

I’ve got a meeting this morning that I’m not looking forward to. It’s an annual review of a student’s progress towards their goals, a look at their present levels of performance, a time to amend goals and/or develop new goals, etc. We hold these meetings regularly throughout the year, but the parent in this case is very contentious. She brings an advocate to every meeting, which means we bring a lawyer. It’s never fun when you have to get the lawyer involved.
The student has several outside service providers (speech, behavior specialist, occupational therapy) that we contract with, but don’t control, yet are responsible for. I really hope this one goes well.

ThePlagueFairy
1 year ago

Godspeed, Paddy. Godspeed.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

TGIF, GN!

Hi, Harper, dv8, Sven and Paddy!

I’m a giver.

Indeed, madam. 😉

Glad I’ll be heading home Sunday; after 9.5 years of being married, I still miss SackO’SugarK when we’re apart. (The feelthy lucre part helps; nevertheless…)

Paddy --

Hope your meeting goes as well as it possibly can.

Got some loose ends to wrap-up; BBL.

ThePlagueFairy
1 year ago

I can honestly say that it never gets any easier which is a goodness! I believe it’s nice to travel apart occasionally to visit friends and family because it’s sometimes difficult to concentrate on fully focusing on friends, siblings, etc. when your spidy sense is always tracking the wellbeing of your spouse in and around you. I’m not kidding! It helps keep relationships with all of you healthy. Especially with your kids. (By the way, while I’m turning this into the Midnight Oil, in my culture, LDS, dads are as likely as moms to go alone to visit the adult kids. I wholeheartedly endorse this!!!). These short visits away from your sweetheart seem to enhance all of your relationships and provide one of you needed time to rattle around alone at home thinking up mischief like filing your science fiction books with the spines to the wall and putting fine Italian ceramics in your studio.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator
ThePlagueFairy
1 year ago

HAH!! So funny it awakened me from my slumber. Thank you Fatwa! You’re the giver!!!!!

Ah, it feels good to be back, my exclamation points were getting lazy.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

Mine too!!!11!

1 year ago

You’ve got to exercise those exclamation points or they get weak ._ ._._
Oh, man ._._

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Mine are too top heavy¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

(Or Australian, I s’pose.)