Thursday greetin’s, Wheelizens!

While it’s not from Amazon, here’s a little something for Sven:

behold the field.jpg

Heh. Wonderful!!!! I see though that it is in reality a meme and not a unique statement. That saddens me and means I need to get out more. On the other hand, that means there’s artwork and tee shirts out there…

As seen at Twitter (but can’t find the original Tweet):

“Fuck Around II: The Find Outening”.

Good morning, Fatwa, and happy Thursday, GN!

Much to my surprise and unexpected delight, I’ve watched most of the Republican convention this week. Prior to this, the last convention moment that impressed me was Sarah Palin’s speech back in 2008. Yes, there’s been some miscues and poor moments, but for the most part the Republicans have pulled it off quite well to the point where I’m wondering if their party has actually changed for the better.

I prayed last night that Trump doesn’t mess it up tonight. No stupid nicknames; no whining about how unfair the “fake news” media has been to him; limited superlatives. If there’s ever a moment where he has to appear presidential in the traditional sense, tonight is it.

Looks like the NBA may be on the ropes and considering cancelling their entire post-season. Too bad; so sad. Unexpectedly, due to the Chinese Flu, Americans have learned that they can get by without professional sports. And Hollywood.

Sure Happy It’s Thursday, Gerbil Nation!

I see that Preznint HopenChange praised the Bucks for canceling their playoff game. Of course he did. TBH until they did, I didn’t know the NBA was having playoffs. I wouldn’t be upset if the NBA went the way of the WNBA.

Isn’t “buck” a racist term?

Probably, but the former president is apparently a fan, NTTAWWT.

Looks like maybe NBA players will make a huge personal sacrifice and play on despite the ache in their souls. For the fans.

Maybe they found out they wouldn’t get their playoff bonuses if the didn’t, you know, play off.

Hi, Sven and Paddy!

Of course “buck” is rayciss; everything is.

I, too, am impressed by the NBA’s bravery. And couldn’t care less if they commit suicide…professional or otherwise.

Fucking spoiled, privileged children playing a children’s game.

It would be a tremendous statement if one of them set themselves on fire in the middle of the court.

This year’s mandated training includes a unit on diversity. I was just presented with this tidbit:

Diversity is defined as recognizing, appreciating and valuing the unique talents and contributions of all individuals regardless of demographics, physical appearance, social status, communication style, culture, values or beliefs.

Somehow all the dictionaries of the world missed each and every one of those attributes when publishing their definition of the word “diversity”. I’m sure it’s all part of systemic racism.

Reply to  Mac

Make them live by their own rules.

The biggest “Like I give a f**k” headline I’ve seen today: Why dozens of John McCain aides, including me, are endorsing Joe Biden.

There’s that barren field again.

Mrs. Sven unfortunately missed it, but her place of work had a webinar that in part was designed to “…focus on what it truly means to be an anti-racist given these critical times. Attendees will learn about allyship, how to become a stronger ally, and how to encourage and support those who desire to be allies.”

I’m sure she was heartbroken. Maybe they recorded it and she can watch it later.

I just finished the final module in my training -- sexual harassment. Near the end, there were a bunch of scenarios presented and you had to decide if it was quid pro quo, hostile work environment, or both. I think I got 1 right out of 5. Fortunately that wasn’t the assessment I had to pass.

Maybe the middle of Trump’s speech. Sadly, I think it’s not very good. It’s a campaign rally speech going over the same points that many speakers already covered over the last 4 days. My impression is that it’s a wasted opportunity and a letdown after nights of really good speakers and speeches.

So it goes.