Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Happy Leftover Monday, GN; it’s teh start of another glorious work week!

TeX --

Sounds like your new gig is going well; seems like you’ve found a place with good people and hope that remains the case.

Paddy --

I recall you mentioning Teh Younger had applied for a job in FL; hope that works out for him. Despite that he’d be at the other end of the country…we sure know what that’s like with FTR and fam in Puerto Rico. (Although it is rumored they’ll be moving back to ATL in October…sure hope so.)

Jim met with Board President late last week; their “dissatisfaction” is fairly trivial but will cost MOAR labor to sort-out. Sure wish they’d mentioned it THREE WEEKS AGO when we still had men and tools onsite.)

At any rate, we hope to have that dialed-in by the end of the week and get paid. (Not expecting a terrific payday, as we severely underestimated the lineal foot costs of replacing damaged fascia and lost money on every damned foot we installed. Bah!

Oh well…we should do significantly better on the upcoming project as there are far fewer variables. (At least that we know of at this time.). 👿

Busy day; BBL.

=========================

2020 scented candleJPG.JPG
dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Yep, that pretty much explains the smell of 2020.

Happy Monday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa!

Fatwa -- sorry to hear about the continued problems with the HOA and the impact on your bottom line. In re the fascia, were the material costs significantly higher, or was the task more difficult than anticipated?

We’ve known since before he graduated that Teh Younger wanted to stay in Florida, so this is not a surprise. We just want him to be happy and to enjoy his work.

Mrs. Paddy mentioned that her boss was listening to some broadcast that was discussing businesses re-opening and it was mentioned that there is no economic benefit to be had by letting churches re-open. That’s an interesting thought.

A true statist, that one in the broadcast. And you can’t tell me that Dems don’t hate religion when they pull crap like this: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/08/30/how-la-county-is-retaliating-against-grace-community-church-n2575331

Good morning, Sven. Gotta get rid of religion, otherwise the proles may not accept the State as the proper recipient of their worship.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

IMO, worship of the state is at least as odious as worship of Allah.

(Both lead to similar results from my personal point of view.)

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

That’s some reprehensible and un-American bullshit.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

I said GOOD news Godddammmit!

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Hi, Paddy!

Re teh fascia: we were reasonably close on the materials cost (as replacing fascia is something we do a fair amount of).

Jim severely underestimated the labor as there were a lot of finicky cuts along the fronts of all the buildings due to their design. It’s one of those things that I would likely have questioned if I’d ever been on the property -- which Jim had visited several times -- prior to the start of the large job.

I’m much more “OCD” than Jim about certain things; part of why we’re a good team.

I’m very glad I saw the property we’ll be starting in the next few weeks when I was out there in February, as I was a able to “backstop” Jim while we were putting that bid together.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The upcoming gig should have a significantly better margin.

JimCo is financing 50% of the job price for 12 months, so I won’t see any income from this one until Spring. (But then I’ll be getting nice extra monthly income for ~6 months.)

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Fatwa: Did you ever get paid for the remainder of the last big job?

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

I think I need some good news. That’s all I’m saying.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Trump ad featuring Michael Moore voiceover:

That’s pretty good!

Good news? Joe Biden summoned up enough intestinal fortitude to leave his basement today.

Baby steps!

More good news? Hillary! will never be POTUS.

On a personal good news note, Mrs Sven survived a corporate-wide layoff last Friday.

That’s great to hear!

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Happy to read that!

X_LA_Native
Admin

Yay! That’s great!

The bestest bit of good news? Teh Wheel is still spinning!

I agree! Y’all are very special.

Now THAT’S funny!