dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Once again there is a DNS propagation error. This could be because Jerry Atrick has a dynamic IP which changes sometimes.

This is fixable by setting the TTL on the “tehsqueak.com” domain to a shorter period of time. Otherwise, the default time is used. I don’t recall how long the default time is, but it’s too long if your IP changes at all.

Anyway. I’m getting around it this time, not by using my phone, but by using a TOR browser, which is kind of like a free VPN which of course would have its own DNS resolution.

Last edited 3 months ago by dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Is anyone else having these issues yesterday or today?

Hi, Dv8 -- nope, no problems w/TSW.

I did have a computer problem with my work laptop last week -- blue screen of death with the message CRITICAL PROCESS DIED which I found humorous if not very helpful.

Last edited 3 months ago by Sven 2-0
dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

This might be an issue with my ISP only. And/or my router. It occasionally happens with other sites. A couple of months ago, it happened with gab.com, for example. and one other site, I can’t remember which.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

We have some church missionaries coming over for dinner tomorrow, which will help us get rid of a lot of stuff Of which we have way too much, now that I made Corned Beef and Trimmings and Potato Soup (and trimmings)

I made the soup last week when the Sisters were coming over for dinner but then had to cancel. Now, I have even more food.

You’ve been cooking up a storm -- glad you’ll be able to share with your friends.

Happy Spring, GN!

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Caturday compliments, GN

Hey, dv8 and Sven!

No apparent DNS propogation errors here insofar as I can tell.

My unpopular take: Brussels sprouts are vile due to their being Belgian. 👿

Now that it’s Spring:

get-off-my-lawn-again.jpg
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Reply to  Just Mac

Good morning, Mac!

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator
Reply to  Just Mac

Brenda has forbidden me from booby-trapping the lawn or front entry against local urchins or salespeople.

I’M SUFFOCATING HERE!!1!

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Fatwa: Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Brussels Sprouts They all seem a little Vishy to me. But cover them in Cheddar sause and you’re usually okay.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

IMO, cheddar cheese sauce cannot disguise the horrors which are cauliflower and sprouts. I am a confirmed “hater”. 😉

But I’ve grown to actually like broccoli. (And cheese sauce is also good on potato dishes as well as broccoli.)

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

In fact, maybe I should make some Cheddar sause for my big meal tonight (I hope the missionary gals don’t cancel)

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

Happy Caturday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, dv8, Sven, and Fatwa!

dv8 -- sorry about your DNS issues. Glad you have someone to share your food with. I hope the missionaries appreciate your cooking!

We’re headed out to the San Diego Safari Park for the day. We haven’t been in years -- and of course we couldn’t go last year -- so we’re all looking forward to it.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Sounds like a nice outing. Re: DNS issues. I’ve been thinking I should just run my own DNS here. That way I can flush it whenever I need to. BIND is the industry standard and of course, it’s free, but harder to configure. SimpleDNS is not free (I’ve had paid versions of it before) but it’s a snap to set up and is fully functional just like BIND.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Hope all o’ y’all are having a lovely time at teh Safari Park.

Last edited 3 months ago by Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Have fun, Paddy!

So far today I’ve fixed the closet doors in Mrs Sven’s office; worked on gathering together some personal files for a friend; and now starting on taxes!

Mrs Sven is so starved for outside contact that she’s on the phone with an Indian who’s trying to help her with her stolen Apple phone that is being used in Mexico. Not that she owns an Apple phone, but any outside voice is welcome.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Since I don’t go out much, I don’t think I fully appreciated what a strain the distancing thing would be for me. It has really taken it’s toll this last year (and a half, I guess)

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Playing scammers is a fine sport.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Still no microwave, I keep dragging my heels. So I got all the food put in Corningware, and put it in the oven at 200. I’ll turn it down to like 140 after a while and it should be fine for when the gals get here.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Corningware is a goodness.

Ditto Corelle plates, given my klutzy tendencies.