29 days ago

Good morning, GN.

How are Elena and her sister doing, Mac? And how are you doing on your own?

Slow weekend on my end. Gotta get my truck smogged today and then probably some household chores.

Poof

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Caturday salutations from fakey-pretend Jim Crow Land…Former Home of the 2021 MLB All-Star Game, GN!

Hi, Sven --

Good luck with teh smoggening.

Mac --

Hope your SiL’s doing well (along with Elena and you).

In both cases, the pills contained fentanyl and meth and had Floyd’s DNA on them. How the original investigators overlooked them is a mystery.

Criminy…what a bungle-a-thon.

We’re going to go see MamaK this morning. I guess the schlep will permit us to do the initial charging of a couple of dash cams I found a deal on several weeks ago. (Supposedly, after the first charge via the car charger, they can be charged via a USB bus or the car charger.)

BBL.

*Poot*

===============

ain
Last edited 29 days ago by Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator
Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator
Reply to  Just Mac

Hi, Mac…thanks for the update; hope things remain uneventful.

29 days ago
Reply to  Just Mac

That’s good news, Mac -- thanks for posting.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
Reply to  Just Mac

I hope and pray all is well your family. I think I mostly slept through yesterday. That’s often a thing for me on fridays.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
29 days ago
Reply to  Just Mac

It’s true, Mac. Georgia is 51.8% non-Hispanic White and 31.9% Black, while Colorado is 86.9% non-Hispanic White and only 4.6% Black.

Colorado requires photo ID to register to vote and ID each time that you vote in-person. Absentee ballots go through a signature match process.

29 days ago

It’s almost like facts no longer inform opinions or actions.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Feelz über alles!

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
Reply to  Just Mac

it’s probably just an excuse for the company to move to a more profitable venue. That’s what Michael Savage thinks, anyway. I’m not a sports expert

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
29 days ago

Happy Caturday, Gerbil Nation! Now with moar cat-phones!
Good morning, Sven, Fatwa, and Mac!

Mac -- thanks for the update on Elena’s sister. I’m glad she’s doing well.

Fatwa -- I hope the dash-cams work well, and that you never need the data they record.

I’m going to start work on a wine rack to put in the closet of my new office. It doesn’t have to look good, just be functional. I’ll be ripping down 1x2’s and cutting them into 10.5″ lengths for the bottle supports. I’ve only got 192 of them to cut (then later glue and nail into place). We’ll see how this goes.

29 days ago

That sounds like a lot of wine, Paddy. Good luck.

29 days ago

In the Chauvin case, the prosecution didn’t wrap up as hoped for on Friday, but figure they only have another day or maybe two at the most to go. The defense through cross examination has already introduced enough reasonable doubt to get a not guilty verdict in normal times, but these times are anything but that. I think they have fought the state to at least maybe 60/40 for conviction with this jury due to all of the external factors, and that’s pretty good. It will come down to the defense side of the case and how honest and courageous this jury turns out to be.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

I’m glad I live in a small town. There probably won’t be any rioting here.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim

Here’s hoping Elena’s sister’s surgery goes well

Tree number two arrived and planted this morning.

This one looked a bit healthier. But was from a different company.

The first was in a paper pot that just had to be planted. It came with some compound to sprinkle on it before planting.

This one was a bare root version in a plastic bag with some Kelp mixed in. I put the kelp in the hole with the tree, and gave it a good soaking. Both trees have a drip system on them, which seems to be working and I made sure they were dripping onto the respective trees.

Hopefully they’ll both survive. I’m more worried about the first one, because it took a long time and many delays to be delivered.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
28 days ago

I got most all of the wood cut for the wine rack. I still have a dozen or so 3/4 x 3/4 pieces to cut down to 10.5″ in length, but those require me to reconfigure the table saw and I was getting tired. I don’t want to mess things up because I wasn’t thinking right. Tomorrow I’ll work on fabricating the jig/template to make all the verticals identical.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
28 days ago
Reply to  Just Mac

It won’t be the greatest, since I’m working with furring strips, but it will be functional and sturdy. I’m not looking forward to sanding all those pieces, but it needs to be done. I’ll probably mount my random orbit sander upside down in a vise to make it easier.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
28 days ago
Reply to  Just Mac

That sounds very positive, Mac. I hope the PT goes well.