Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Ooooh..Hot Buttered Kitteh Monday!!1!

Sorry to read dv8’s still having problems getting here; sorta surprised I was able to.

Paddy --

Hope The Younger gets all the stuff he shipped sorted-out today. Having made multiple cross-country moves, I can sort o’ relate…

(The absolute worst experience with movers I ever had was relocating from L.A. to Cleveland in ’04; pretty sure I posted my final hateful letter to United Van Lines at DHD or TSW years ago.)

======================

My inbox is a horror…apparently Jim decided around 11:00 p.m. PDT last night to send me info I’ve been requesting for days (so I could start hacking away at it over the weekend).

And I’ve got a routine medical appointment mid-morning and some errands, so I guess today’s gonna be like a Monday.

Wishing you all not the same. 😉

=====================

latinos be like.jpg
Last edited 20 days ago by Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator
20 days ago

Huh. Thanks for explaining what cats are good for, Mac -- been wondering these many years.

Good morning, Fatwa -- sounds like one of those manic Mondays/one thing at a time sort of day. Good luck.

I took Friday off, so catching up on teh work front.

20 days ago

Speaking of cats, there’s still a bisque cat food shortage going on, so I tired Gerbers chicken puree baby food -- that seems to work for Tatum. When we had those two geriatric cats, that was the go to in their remaining weeks…and it’s actually cheaper than cat food.

20 days ago

Background watching closing arguments in the Chauvin trial. I’m not impressed with the state’s presentation as it’s little more than what has been spouted for the last 10 months.

An interesting story that got little publicity. One of the defense witnesses had his former residence in Santa Rosa CA vandalized over the weekend. Pig blood all over the entryway and a pigs head left on the doorstep. Probably just a coincidence.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
20 days ago

Happy Monday, Gerbil Nation!

Heading off for some breakfast at a local place, then heading home. We might stop at a farmer’s market on our way out of town.

Y’all be good.

20 days ago

Closing arguments continue in the Chauvin case -- if the jurors thought this morning that they’d get an early start on deliberations, they don’t think that now.

The defense attorney, Eric Nelson, is doing a decent job, but the man looks wore out and not as sharp as he had been at the start of this trial. He was great on cross examination, but it’s too bad there wasn’t someone else on the team that could have done openings and closings. However this turns out, I hope he takes a long vacation afterwards -- he deserves one.

My opinion hasn’t changed -- there is a period of a couple of minutes where Chauvin may be out of policy in his use of the prone restraint, but I think it’s clear he had no intention of killing Floyd and there’s a host of unforeseen and mitigating factors that contributed to Floyd’s death. It should be a not guilty on all counts, but that’s not going to happen. And the not so good side of me hopes for riots in these leftist cities across the nation so I can watch Biden stumble around about what to do. “C’mon, man. You got to stay peaceful. It’s like I did with Corn Pop, man. I talked to him.”

Sadly, I’m in a not giving a f*** mood after watching this “trial” and listening to lectures from my betters about systemic racism and hate crimes.

20 days ago

Chauvin’s attorney asked for a mistrial based on Maxine Waters’ comments -- judge denied it, but stated that it gives Chauvin a good basis for appeal if needed. He also said he wished elected officials would keep their mouths shut about ongoing trials. This doesn’t seem to be a done deal.

20 days ago

Watched about five minutes of the governor of Minnesota’s press conference -- what a gutless POS that man is.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
20 days ago

Good evening, Gerbil Nation!

We made it home about a half hour ago. We made good time, in spite of the 5 freeway being completely closed down near the OC border. We took the 605 south to the 91, then on to the 5 to avoid the mess.

20 days ago

Welcome home, Paddy -- from your updates, sounds like a good trip.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
19 days ago

Thanks, Sven. It was a good trip. Very relaxing.

20 days ago

I’m confused by all these cities calling out the National Guard this week -- last year, wasn’t that was fascism and and an infringement on the First Amendment?

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
19 days ago

Absolutely. Why would anyone need the National Guard for Mostly Peaceful Protests ®?

Last edited 19 days ago by Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse