Avian Assault Wednesday; wooo!

Sven --

Cheers for the Spaulding Gray video; I’m mostly unfamiliar with him and will have to remedy that.

In addition to the “recent rocket unpleasantness” in Israel, some supporters of the Paleostinians apparently tried to lynch a Jew in NYC right across the street from the main Public Library; JFC.

Also saw video of the IDF rolling tanks to the border last night.

I’m mighty sick of that shit; once again, I wish my peeps would take a lesson or two from the Mohammedans re intimidation.

===========================

biden harris gas gauge.jpeg
Last edited 4 months ago by Fatwa Arbuckle: Misanthropologist
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

Happy Wednesday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa!

In re Israel: Pres. Trump managed to aid in the execution of four peace treaties between Israel and ME countries. Pres. Biden has managed to return to the status quo of Obama, Bush, Clinton, et al. If we had a properly functioning press, this would be headline news.

Good morning, Fatwa, and Paddy.

Thanks for the youtube links, Mac -- on my list to watch, but man, that’s a long movie! May try it in bits and pieces. The last really long Japanese movie with subtitles that I watched was Ran…and at 2.5 hours it’s shorter than Seven Samurai.

Spalding Gray is somewhat of an acquired taste, but I’d try watching Swimming to Cambodia to get a good idea of his performance style and storytelling skills.

It’s hard not to say that what’s happening in Israel right now is a consequence of Biden winning last year. That man cannot leave office soon enough.

Are you seeing gasoline shortages in your area, Fatwa?

Drive-by:

Hey, Paddy, Sven and Mac!

Sven --

I’ve seen reports that a lot of local gas stations are either out, have long lines and/or are limiting purchases. Also have heard reports of panic-buying; that’s to be expected, I suppose.

Glad I filled-up the Yukon Monday; that’s enough to last us several weeks of local errands. Hopefully, the supply problem will be resolved fairly quickly if Colonial can restart their pipelines by the end of this week as they said they expected earlier today.

I reckon it’ll still take a couple of weeks after that to resupply gas stations. Also read that about 25% of U.S. gas tanker trucks have been idled due to a lack of trained drivers caused by COVID and extended unemployment benefits.

It’s getting to be like the Carter administration 2.0…without the warm, fuzzy cardigans.

I can hardly wait for the malaise and high interest rates to kick in…

I started watching Seven Samurai. I’m confused. The farmers are Japanese, but the robbers also appear to be Japanese -- I thought for sure they’d be white colonial racists, no?

“Your head is on the block, but you worry about your whiskers.” Good line.

“Whatever your burden, talking may ease it.” Another good line.

Reply to  Just Mac

It’s not a bad movie at all -- more of an experience than just watching a movie if you know what I mean. Thank you, Mac.

I’m curious as to how it was received in Japan when it came out -- I’ll have to look that up.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Reply to  Just Mac

The 1950 Cyrano de Bergerac is fantastic! I haven’t thought about that movie in decades.