Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
28 days ago

A blessed Sabbath, Gerbil Nation!
Pentecost firsties!

When I look at/read the thread pic, I imagine Sven grabbing a roller and a gallon of Sears Weatherbeater.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Thread pic “har!” (except I don’t want Sven to wind up in teh North Sea; I’m rather fond of the lad).

Hi, Paddy!

Fatwa rules!

Huh? If I did, things would be a mite different across this (formerly) great nation. 👿

Sadly, I think the time has come for a new, very militant and, how you say, “proactive” Joooish Defense League in America. I’m glad that my sole cousin remaining in Los Angeles is in a good neighborhood including several former IDF members with whom he’s acquainted…and that they’re “well-armed”. (As is said cousin.)

Ffffffuuuuu…

28 days ago

I agree with your sentiment, but I think it needs to go further. Your people have a unique and tragic history of persecution and genocide, but it’s an American principle to not allow unlawful violence of any kind against anyone. Jews and Christians and Muslims and Hindus and atheists need to form together to prevent assholes like those in LA from attacking the innocent.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Sure, a coalition like that would be great; just not sure how well that’d work in practice.

Plus, some of the loudest voices against it would be the soft-handed, pusillanimous rabbis across this country. Seems like every time Jooos, synagogues and/or businesses get attacked, the local news has some quietly-spoken bearded putz on camera talking about how “somevone should do somet’ink!”

But not them, because craven cowards; I’d really like to pimp-slap those guys.

OTOH, ex-IDF folks, Sikhs and Roof Koreans might not be a bad combo…

28 days ago

The future of America is either tribes or principles. I know where I lean, but I’m not so sure my side is going to win.

28 days ago

The only French girl I’d like to paint is Paris Hilton -- she’s French, right? On black velvet.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Hey, Sven!

Black velvet’s kind of an expensive, itchy drop-cloth isn’t it? 😉

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
28 days ago

I thought Black Velvet was a Canadian Whiskey.

Fatwa Arbuckle: Joooish Space Laser Operator

Or a venerable substrate for paintings of toreadors.

And Elvis.

28 days ago

It would look like this, but with a coon. Suggestive, but tasteful.

velvet.jpg
28 days ago
Reply to  Just Mac

Heh. Even dogs like coons, so you know they must be OK.

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
27 days ago
Reply to  Just Mac

30K likes for the trash panda : )

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
27 days ago

Well, GN, never got to church today. I feel guilty about it. That’s three weeks in a row. It’s not just that I’m not showing up, I actually feel bad for myself. Because It’s part of my social life that I miss when I don’t go.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
27 days ago

What’s keeping you from going?

dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
dv8 - something whimsical but not grim
27 days ago

Sleep schedule, mostly, or at least, partly. Work is much easier if I keep to a day sleeping schedule. But then I miss out on morning stuff.

It also comes down to will power:

I know I’ll be awake at the right time, even if I haven’t slept long enough; this is owing to the fact that I drink so much liquid--and have all my life--that I pretty much need to get up every 3 hours anyway. Which also adds to the guilt when I don’t do morning stuff I need to do.

I guess that’s why I like personal things. Like having to go to Flagstaff with Harper, or meeting a friend at a specific time. If I don’t go to church, everyone will probably be okay without me, but with individuals it’s different.

Like today: this afternoon, an old friend from Cottonwood rode up here on his motorcycle, and called me. So we went out to lunch. And it was the first time I went to a restaurant in Sedona since I moved here, if you exclude McDonalds.

I know literally nothing about Sedona other than friends houses and work and stuff like that. Strangely, the place we ate at was on my route--there is a newspaper machine in front of it--so I was familiar with it. Your basic Mexican food… pretty ubiquitous, but pretty good, as it turned out.

My first Sedona Restaurant Experience since moving here in 2014.