dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Schedule still flipped. Having some missionaries for dinner. Still have no plan as to what to make.

1 year ago

Having some missionaries for dinner.

What’s the best way to prepare them? Are they still young enough to be tender, or do you have to braise them?

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Fava beans and a nice Chianti?

Last edited 1 year ago by dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
1 year ago

No thanks, not a fan of fava beans.

Caturday salutations, GN!

Hope Sven, Mrs. Sven and -- most importantly BiL -- are all okay (or better) this morning.

Hi, dv8 (and Harper!!1!); glad Plaguie was able to join you for part of the Big Route.

Having some missionaries for dinner.

Meaning no offense to friends, but that sounds like part of an old vaudeville schtick about cannibals. (Sorry…that’s just how my diseased mind works more often than not.)

=========================

fountain of bacon.jpeg
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

I’ve been searching for the Fountain of Bacon for my entire life.

1 year ago

Happy Caturday, Gerbil Nation! Now with moar bear!
Good morning, dv8 (and Harper!), and Fatwa!

Continued prayers for Sven, Mrs. Sven, and BiL.

dv8 -- glad Harper was able to join you for part of the Big Route. Hope you get your schedule worked out.

Teh Older is going to make a braciola for dinner tomorrow night. The base will be flank steak. As a kid, flank steak was a cheap cut of beef. Now it’s highly desired and highly expensive. SMH.

My city is having an e-waste and household hazardous waste pickup event, so I’m off to city hall to unload some stuff. BBIAB

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

I’m going to try to flip my schedule today. It’ll be a bit of a stretch, but I should be okay.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

E-waste pickup event?

Is that code for everyone in the city is going to pelt the capital with all that garbage?

Last edited 1 year ago by dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
1 year ago

I like your idea, dv8!
Unfortunately, no. E-waste is electronic waste. The heavy metals are scavenged so they don’t pollute the groundwater when the remainder is buried in a landfill.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
1 year ago

Back home. For a change, everything worked out as planned yesterday. BiL is on blood thinners for the next six months and then reevaluated, off work for the next two weeks, sees his doctor next week. Seemed in decent enough spirits.

Long day yesterday. The flight out of Burbank went off without a hitch but about 600 miles driven all told with me doing 2/3 and Mrs Sven the last 1/3. We ain’t as young as we used to be and am feeling it a bit this morning.

Back to Burbank now to pick up our car and drop off the rental.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

Poof.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Continued prayers for you and your family. We’re glad things are looking ok for BIL.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Okay. I guess I’m cooking…..

1 year ago

How about a nice big skillet of shakshuka?