1 month ago

It’s like an instinctual species memory -- cats and vacuums.

Happy Friday, GN!

1 month ago

Windows 11???? What fresh hell is this going to be?

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

Happy Friday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Sven!

Windows 11? I just read that it will do away with things like Cortana, Timeline, and Internet Explorer. So far I haven’t read anything that would make me want to get it.

Teh Younger completed the purchase of a new (used) vehicle, yesterday. Since they had already settled on a price, it was just a matter of signing paperwork and transferring funds. I need to find a dealership like that for my next purchase, which hopefully won’t be for another 10-15 years.

1 month ago

Hi, Paddy.

Sentencing day for Derek Chauvin and not looking good for him. The judge earlier denied his request for a new trial -- not unexpected and not sure if it is appealable or not.

1 month ago

Twenty-two years in prison. Legal, but not just. Not by a long shot.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

Agreed.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

He can appeal his conviction, but I don’t know if he can appeal the denial of his request for a new trial. Unfortunately, appeals courts rarely look at the facts of the case and just determine whether or not there were procedural violations.

Late afternoon Kowardly Kitteh drive-by --

Hi, Sven and Paddy!

Paddy --

Good news about Teh Younger’s new -- to him -- vehicle; may he get many years of safe, reliable use out of it. (And may you and I both find dealers like that…)

The Chauvin sentencing seems very unjust to me.

I’d expect Minneapolis is going to paaartayyyy tonight, including lots of vandalism, looting and arson.

====================

Looks like JimCo is going to war; opening salvo to be fired a bit later today. Rat bastards.

1 month ago

Well, you seem to have exhausted all other options, Fatwa. Keep your powder dry.

In terms of sentencing, Mohamed Noor, the Minneapolis cop that shot Justine Damond to death for no reason except she “startled” him, ended up with a 12-year sentence.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

Yes, but he wasn’t acting under color of authority.
Oh, wait…
Nevermind.

1 month ago

The thing that gives me pause with the Derek Chauvin verdict and sentence, is the same thing that is apparent with the criminal charges filed against the Jan 6 rioters/trespassers. Media and activist lies are taken and accepted as truth not just by the public, but by govt. officials as well. Not to mention the rank hypocrisy when contrasting arrests and prosecutions from the “mostly peaceful” riots over Floyd and what is happening to those in DC on Jan 6.

They aren’t even trying to hide it anymore.