Teh Squeaky Wheel
Happy Independence Day, GN!
Happy Independence Day, Wheelizens!
Hi, early-rising Sven!
May you all enjoy wreaking havoc on our planet with your celebrations today:
1) Increasing global warmening and air pollution with grilled / smoked meats.
2) Destroying the environment further by ingesting “unsustainable” (but tasty) animals.
3) Polluting your precious bodily fluids by drinking booze (optional).
4) Enjoying noisy -- and potentially dangerous -- light / noise pollution invented by our “good friends” the Chinese.
5) Celebrating the founding of our ineffably racist, evil and oppressive country.
Is there any other way of doing it?
If there is, that would constitute “doing it wrong”.
I think that in addition to local fireworks displays across this great nation on July 4th, a great new patriotic tradition would be tarring and feathering a carpy local politician or bureaucrat and then running ’em out of town on a rail.
A blessed Sabbath and a happy Independence Day, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa, and Sven!
Heading off a bit to church, where we’ll get to meet our new pastor. Then dropping off some comestibles at my MiL’s, followed by a return home, a quick change of clothes, then off to a ball game. After that, we’ll grill some meat for dinner, then see if we can find a good spot to watch the local fireworks.
Hope y’all have a wonderful day!
Hey, Paddy --
Hope your new pastor is a good fit for your church.
First wildfire of the day kicked off about 30 miles north of us near Gorman and the Los Padres forest. Smoke plume visible from here -- jumped up to 600 acres already. It’s hot and dry but no strong sustained winds.