dv8
dv8

What is that, a giant rat? a ferret?

Goon night, GN, I’ll probably be back around noonish tomorrow.

Happy Independence Day (Observed), GN!

Hi, dv8 (and Harper!!1!); hope you both rest well.

What is that, a giant rat? a ferret?

it’s some sort of foul marsupial; probably comes from Australia. Or Florida, 👿

CasaK enjoyed a quiet day yesterday, which suited both of us just fine; expect the same today. Made burgers, lit-off some leftover fireworks and enjoyed that one of our neighbors a few houses up the road spent several hundred dollars on fireworks which we watched from our wee front porch.

BBL.

oregon trail dissing terry.jpeg
Last edited 4 months ago by Fatwa Arbuckle: Misanthropologist

July 5, 1776: I wonder what the signers of the Declaration were thinking the day after?

Good morning, Dv8, Mac, and Fatwa! Hope all had a wonderful Independence Day!

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Reply to  Just Mac

Well said, Mac.

Reply to  Just Mac

Hi, Mac.

It is in many ways, a dismal time in America. At the same time, Federalism may be our saving grace; resistance and a harkening back to our Founder’s vision is occurring at the state and local level. Texas and Florida are prime examples, but there are others too. I don’t believe, or at least don’t feel in my gut, that we are heading towards a cataclysm such as 1860 redux. However, there is a reset coming.

America, left to its own devices, might find its way. On the other hand, events around the world will impact what happens here and that we have little control over.

I guess what I’m saying is that there is reason to hope that the values that made America great -- inalienable rights, limited govt, the rule of law, individual liberty, etc., are still something to believe in and that that this country, or others around the world, will once again embrace them. I am sad that I won’t be around to see how the story turns out.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

Happy Monday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa, dv8, Mac, and Sven!

I had to use Tor to connect to Teh Wheel this morning. Interestingly enough, everyone in Casa duFurnijur is having problems reaching some, but not all, websites.

Reply to  Just Mac

Alright, maybe there’s some good in cats.