ThePlagueFairy
ThePlagueFairy

WAKE UP!!

Let me know when you find out where Gentle Mac went off questing to. It should be quite a tale.

Blessings upon your day, my friends.

ZZZzzzzzzzz……(((poof)))

Happy Otterquest Friday, GN! (Good one, Mac.)

Hiya, Plaguie!!1!

=====================

I have finally decided to embrace my Romanian pride:

vlad - this is why i impale people.jpeg

Hello Miss Harper, and Fatwa -- happy Friday, GN.

A slow start to the day -- I got nuthin’.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

Happy Friday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Plaguie, Fatwa, and Sven!

I got an email last evening from my former boss to the Special Education department, announcing that she won’t be returning for the 21-22 school year. I then got a text from one of the special ed teachers who recently resigned congratulating me on my promotion. Apparently everyone in the department thinks I’m taking over that role. If true, which I doubt, nobody has bothered to tell me. I’m going to give my former boss a call later this morning and see what the heck is going on.

Last edited 2 months ago by Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
ThePlagueFairy
ThePlagueFairy

Oh, my. One wonders what salary you should demand for agreeing to fill that position. And I do mean “demand”.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

I got a call a little while ago from the director of the school, offering me the position of Director of Special Education Compliance. My former boss has taken the position of Director of Special Education at a larger charter school, which is a good move for her. She recommended me as her replacement, which I thank her for. I know she didn’t have a good relationship with the school principal and has talked about leaving for a few years, so I’m glad a better opportunity has come up for her.

Now I need to figure out what resources (personnel) I need to do both jobs properly.

What an interesting day.

Very nice -- a good opportunity. Is management something you’d want to do?
And “two” jobs -- does this mean you’d keep your teaching position?

Last edited 2 months ago by Sven 2-0
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

Management is not something I’ve never really thought about, other than in the progression of responsibility and leadership. I’m not someone who seeks control over others, but I’m always willing to step up and do what my organization needs me to do. If any of that makes sense.

Reply to  Just Mac

I’m not surprised that you were able to improve things all the way around.

I don’t think I’ve heard that particular story before, Mac. The few of us that remain here, we need to all get together in the real world.

I agree, Paddy, with Mac’s assessment.

Reply to  Just Mac

That sounds like an interesting story in and of itself, Mac!

Reply to  Just Mac

I’ll be he was a Democrat. Over my life, despite the stereotypes pushed by the media, I’ve usually found that the worst racists are Democrats and other types of leftists.

P.S. I know I should be saying “bigot” rather than “racist,” as the latter is a marxist construct, but the thing is this:

The left, particularly leftist academics, invented the term “racist” to describe the even worse form of bigotry that they themselves hold.

If you find an ordinary bigoted person, he might acknowledge at least that although he doesn’t like black people, he thinks it’s possible for a black person to achieve things, make money, engage in entrepreneurship, etc. Where a marxist believes a black person cannot succeed without the help of white leftists.

Hence they are beyond bigoted, and hence “racist,” their own construct.

Last edited 2 months ago by dv8 - totally not curvycom

Back on TOR again.

Overslept as per usual after the Big Route.

dv8 - totally not curvycom

I know it will be late, but I’ll try to write more after I wake up a bit more.

Reply to  Just Mac

I’m supposed to go to walmart, but it’s late ish and I don’t feel like going now. I wish they were 24 hours again. I think I’d be ready to go at 1 or 2 in the morning.

Last edited 2 months ago by dv8 - totally not curvycom
Reply to  Just Mac

Hardly any place around here is open 24 hours anymore. post covid.

Just things like circle K, speedway, am/pm, stuff like that.