Happy ÜberKitteh Tuesday, GN!

Sven --

Very sorry to read you’re still having eye problems; hope you can successfully eliminate whatever’s going on. Damn that Governor Hairgel!

I think Newsom’s in trouble viz. the recall; he’s got too much stuff to deal with and he’s a bungler. (Read yesterday that Larry Elder was leading the “contender pack” by ten points, which is rather stunning; it’d sure make things interesting if he won.) 👿

Is Caitlin Jenner still running?

That’s part of what xe’s famous for. 😉

More HH-A HOA paperwork fun today (on top of other carp); imagine my immense delight…

=============================

dollar general lee.jpeg
Last edited 1 month ago by Fatwa Arbuckle: Misanthropologist
1 month ago

Hi, Fatwa. And Happy Tuesday, GN!

An Elder win would be a moral victory only as the rest of the state govt is solidly dem. On top of which if the recall is successful, the winner is going to have to start almost immediately campaigning for the 2022 gubernatorial race.

This is not something to brag about: “As the state’s largest employer -- we’re leading by example. Vaccines are the solution,” Newsom said in a tweet. “We encourage local governments and other businesses to follow suit.”

Hi, Sven!

How’s your eyeball today?

I know.

OTOH, Elder’s certainly not shy about calling things the way he sees them and backing that up with reputable data. He’s been publicly vilified for decades by “the usual suspects” and seems to have an IDGAF attitude.

If he wins, he’ll have a Sisyphean uphill battle and a vast army of entrenched interests aligned against him. But he’ll also have a bully pulpit which I don’t think he’d hesitate to use.

Simply making some tangible headway against a few of the many problems CA faces would -- I think -- be an excellent “campaign” for reelection.

I wish him luck; he’s gonna need it.

[Disclaimer -- I have had some very minor dealings with him and believe him to be a pretty ethical, stand-up guy.]

1 month ago

Thanks for asking about teh eyeball, Fatwa. It’s manageable today, but I need to get off my ass and get a second opinion so I can see a way forward.

Heh. “see”. I crack myself up.

1 month ago

I haven’t been asking about it lately because I thought you might be tired of talking about it. But we both keep praying for you.

1 month ago

I appreciate that. Thank you for your prayers.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

Happy Tuesday, Gerbil Nation!

Sven -- it would be interesting to see what, if anything, Larry Elder could accomplish if Newsom is recalled and Elder wins.

I’ve got two days of a conference down in San Diego, starting today. It’s close enough that there’s no point in wasting the school’s money on a hotel room, especially when the company is much better at home.

Have a great day, y’all!

1 month ago

Lot’s of Interesting trouble at work this monday night.

So I do manage to get enough sleep beforehand. I take off for work a bit “late” although my starting time is basically whenever I get there. Lately, the papers have been leaving phoenix at around 630, so I usually show up around 7pm and do whatever prep work I have and then the papers arrive and I do the sorting and the mail and loading up the big van and a few other things.

Well, I get done with my side work and gas up all the vehicles--another thing I do--then around 8pm I get a text that the papers are just then on the way. so around 9:45 they will show up. I do as much recycling as I can to stay busy (there is plenty to do in the warehouse while I’m waiting.

The papers arrive by box truck. In three palettes. Nothing bad yet, I fire up the forklift and bring them in. I say goodbye to the driver and get to work.

So… there are two papers I deal with on monday

1) the Camp Verde Journal (1 small palette)
2) the Cottonwood Journal Extra (2 big palettes)

I took #1 out first, so I started on those.

First: It appears there are some loose papers on top.
I unwrap the palette, and find that NONE of them are strapped.

Ok, I think “no big deal it’s just the mail and one route. I can strap them myself.

Then… I look at the big Palettes….

OMG!! NONE of them are strapped. And I will have to load 120 bundles (that aren’t bundled) on the van not to mention the rest of the routes.

So that means I have to bundle them all. I shoot a text to the boss so he’ll know why I’ll be there twice as long as usual.

ALSO: These papers are very thick. About twice a year we have a big magazine that goes in them, so they’re very big.

At least the stacked papers are alternating piles of 25 and each layer of (non) bundles is separated by cardboard, so I won’t have to count them.

So I get to work.

I don’t get out of there until 4:30 am or so. Monday is usually just a 4 hour thing, give or take. I was there almost 9 hours. Wow.

that’s a lot of lifting. I wore a knee brace and my back belt the whole night.

I don’t feel too bad after all that, and now it’s time to rest up for tomorrow night.

See you laterz.

Last edited 1 month ago by dv8 - totally not curvycom
1 month ago

OT pay and good physical work. Cool.

1 month ago

Oh and when I got home, Harper was awake and doing stuff.

I made some dinner and we watched Demon Slayer, a newish Anime.

Do NOT go to that link unless you’re using brave browser or you have noscript and adblock installed on your browser.. But if you’re curious you can watch it for free there. If you have netflix it’s also available there.

I think it has the potential to go for a few seasons at least,

Lately I’m getting the urge to watch all of Bleach again. But anyway… watching the English Dub of Demon slayer, I heard a lot of familiar voice actors, many of whom did voices in Bleach. So that was nice.

1 month ago

I’ve never gotten into anime, but have been watching a zombie series on Netflix: Black Summer. Two seasons only, but not your typical zombie apocalypse series. Less of a story and more of character vignettes.

1 month ago

Lately I like light heated things. Demon Slayer is serious but has lots of comic relief and all the archetypes that you expect to find in Shonen Style anime.

For live action zombie stuff, I really liked “iZombie” It was a kind of a cute story. Made me happy watching it.

1 month ago

I decided to give Demon Slayer a try because all the kids are watching it and there are memes about it. So… I thought I’d see what the fuss is about.

1 month ago

I’m still using TOR/my phone’s data plan to access the wheel.

It’s been a few days now. usually it will come back live on my regular internet after a few days. so… any time now.

1 month ago

Flipped through the cable news channels at lunch: it’s all the “BIG LIE” and “INSURRECTION” and “TRUMP” all day in every way. Good times.

Joe Biden: “We choose truth over facts.” While he was close to their reality, it would have been slightly clearer if he said “We choose narrative over facts.”

Last edited 1 month ago by Sven 2-0