Happy Wednesday, Wheelizens!

Can we try to understand the New York Times’ effect on man?

============================

Why?

isetta-mounted gun.jpeg
Reply to  Just Mac

But could you find ammo for it?

It’s teh Beach Boys’ “Little (Ma) Deuce Coup”.

Sheeeet…puttin’ ammo in that thing would cost even more than CA gas.

(OTOH, if you aimed the gun toward the rear, you could probably get that Isetta up to a respectable speed. And discourage tailgating.)

1 month ago

I can’t believe Fatwa used ‘Isetta’ and ‘respectable’ in the same sentence!

Reply to  Just Mac

BMW was one of four companies that made Isetta’s. The other three were Italian.

Reply to  Just Mac

Correct! Fun little things, but I don’t think I’d want to drive it on any road with traffic.

Reply to  Just Mac

The TR-4 and 4A were good looking cars. Horsepower was low by today’s standards, but that can be a good thing.

Reply to  Just Mac

That’s right, the engines were from Standard Engine Co. and were used in Massey-Ferguson tractors. What type of carb(s) did you have on yours?

1 month ago

Good morning, Fatwa, and Mac -- happy Wednesday.

Not holding my breath, but waiting on the GOP to introduce articles of impeachment against Biden for knowingly allowing un-Constitutional actions to take place, something he publicly acknowledged yesterday. This is more egregious than Trump’s Ukraine phone call.

Since nothing will come of this, I can’t wait for the CDC to declare “gun violence” a national health emergency and in the interests of public safety to order all privately owned firearms confiscated.

“Come And Take it”.

ma deuce.jpg
1 month ago

IIRC the CDC at one time did declare “gun violence” a national health emergency. That’s when Congress passed a law forbidding the CDC from doing any firearms studies.

1 month ago

Happy Wednesday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa, Mac, and Sven!

Apparently Gov. Newsom has admitted that there may be a waffer theen chance that he’ll be recalled. Internal polling must be really bad if he’s making that admission.

dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom
1 month ago

Morning, GN. Big route done. Took a long time (ish) Not asleep yet. I got a long nap before work. Overslept, got to work a bit late (ish) still there before the papers arrived. Still got most of my pre paper work done before they arrived.

Good morning, dv8!
I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom
1 month ago

Everything went fine. I’m supposed to see my friend Dave this afternoon, but I’m still not asleep yet.

1 month ago

Hope you had a good visit.

1 month ago

Cats. Yesterday, Tatum brought home a chipmunk and it escaped into Mrs Sven’s office. I thought for sure it had to be dead as there was blood everywhere and how much blood can a chipmunk hold? Anyhow, we tore the office apart looking for the corpse, but couldn’t find it anywhere nor any blood trail -- figured eventually the smell would guide us to its location.
Thinking it might still be alive, we put out some water and seeds for it overnight and this morning we found the seeds disturbed. Later on while Mrs Sven was working, she heard some munching and caught a glimpse of him as darted back under the convertible sofa. I caught a glimpse of him later in the day -- there’s no way he can be intact, but he’s still active.
Put out some more food and water and shut the door. Tomorrow we’ll make more of an effort to locate and trap him and get him outside. As long as the door is closed, Tatum has forgotten about him but he’s most annoyed with being separated from Mrs Sven.

Reply to  Just Mac

Yeah, chipmunks are cute, but I don’t know that I want one roaming about my home.

Oh, you meant cats!