Dayum…first time I’ve ever seen a claw machine with actual claws; that’s kind o’ recursive n’est çe pas?

Happy Sunday, Wheelizens!

========================

conspiracy theory.jpeg
dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom
1 month ago

I’m fitting the tinfoil onto my head even as I write this….

1 month ago

Good morning and happy Sunday, GN!

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

A blessed Sabbath, Gerbil Nation!

Off to church, then to my MiL’s to put up a curtain rod and various and sundry other tasks. Y’all be good!

dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom
1 month ago

Well, you can look at things objectively, as the guy in this video does, or you can just scream RACIST until those in power accede to your demands.

I was bouncing through CSPAN this morning and spent a few minutes watching a Congressional hearing on “violent extremists” -- that’s become a code word for white nationalists or white supremacists.

The introduction of the first few witnesses included that each witness represented a coalition of hundreds of groups-foundations-oragnizations. It got me wondering how many NGOs there are in America -- if you can believe Google, it’s an astounding 1.5 million registered NGOs.

Reply to  Just Mac

For most of my lifetime, America seemed to escape mob rule and social upheaval relatively unscathed. I’m not minimizing the changes that occurred like the 60’s civil rights era, but America herself seemed relatively constant. Like 85% or so remained intact, agreed upon, and continuous -- the changes that occurred were absorbed into the American framework. The radicals, like the occupy Wall Street groups, were on the fringe. They had their moment, got their publicity, maybe made a slight change and then they were gone.

This carp today feels different, especially in the way it is embraced by the elites.

dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom
Reply to  Just Mac

Yup, I’ve been saying these kinds of things for decades.

1 month ago

I started watching the 1970 movie, Patton, with George C. Scott last night -- got through the first hour -- not sure if I’ll continue. Any opinions?

Reply to  Just Mac

I’ll give a whirl, Mac. The first hour though, when Patton takes over after the defeat at Kasserine and he whips the troops into shape, there’s nothing showing how he whipped them into shape beyond giving a few orders to restore military discipline -- it’s like he just said “make it so” and it was done. I would have liked some details.

1 month ago

Reading this and watching some other videos of the event from Andy Ngo, I think the right response anymore is to attack first. https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2021/08/08/where-is-your-god-now-portland-cops-do-nothing-as-antifa-attacks-prayer-event-led-by-persecuted-christian-pastor-n1467987

Reply to  Just Mac

I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened that way as that has happened at some past events. Ignoring the religious aspect of this particular event, the problem as I see it is in trying to verbally engage with antifa or blm. Like everything on the left nowadays, you can’t argue or have a discussion with them -- they aren’t interested in dialogue. What they are interested in is having their confrontation recorded and liked by thousands of viewers.

1 month ago

Me and Mrs Sven have only maybe half a dozen liberal friends left. By “liberal friends” I mean people that we’ve known for more than 20 years and whose politics, and ours, are known but these are people that we still keep in touch with and there’s history between us. We are meeting the most liberal and radical couple of the bunch for dinner tonight. It will be good to see them, but it could also get a little boisterous.

dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom
1 month ago

Well. I guess it’s nighty nite for me.

My schedule is all topsy-turvy again.

I got a bit closer to understanding how to mine crypto. I think I may have all the software necessary.

Interestingly enough. Microsoft Windows Security flags crypto mining software, so you have to permit it.

Remember when Windows was the NON-creepy OS?