G’mornin’, GN!

With recent developments, a few folks at HH-A HOA should thank their lucky stars I live at the other end of the fucking continent.

That is all.

‘Cept for these hungry, accusatory kittehs:

hungry-kittens.jpg
1 month ago

If there’s any justice in the world, or owners that still have their balls, that’s one cat that’s heading outside and told to go hunt.

It’s probably a good thing, Fatwa, for all involved. I’d hate to get that call in the middle of the night from the county jail about you needing bail $.

Mrs Sven was IM’g yesterday with a co-worker in Sydney. Their lockdown is truly draconian and he confirmed that the fines, travel restrictions, police and military enforcement, etc are all real and that the rumor is restrictions will be extended for months. The govt panic today is over Sydney recording its most deaths ever -- 7 people died yesterday from covid in a city of over 5 million.

1 month ago

I can’t believe a whole country is locking down over a mortality rate that low.

1 month ago

Maintenance power outage scheduled for today.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

Happy Tuesday, Gerbil Nation!

Fatwa -- that just sucks. I hope today goes better.

Sven -- enjoy your lack of power. As a Republican in California, you should be used to it.

Reply to  Just Mac

Hnnnn. I wonder if that’s aimed at me over some catty comment I made earlier? Naw, couldn’t be.

oops. I meant Paddy

I posted the scone recipe on the recipe forum. Let me know if anything is unclear.

Last edited 1 month ago by dv8 - totally not curvycom
1 month ago

Even harper’s old scone mix was a WIP. It’s come a long way since then.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

Thanks, dv8! It all looks clear at this point.

Oops, i meant paddy.

1 month ago

We have a recipe forum???

yup

1 month ago

I’m on TOR again, but I have a good connection so I can see all Teh pics!

The key seems to be that the final node has to be in the USA in order for photobucket to display. The embedded pics on the wheel however always work.

Last edited 1 month ago by dv8 - totally not curvycom
1 month ago

now if I can remember not to close the window, I’ll be okay.

Self-absorbed drive-by:

Hey, Sven, Paddy, Mac and dv8 (and Harper!!1!)!

My eyes are crossed from reading farking CA building codes late into last night and most of today. They’re nearly impossible to parse for the info JimCo needs.

Probably wouldn’t happen as bail would not likely be granted. (I wonder of there’s any sort of “enhancement” when all parties to brutal assaults are seniors.)

I’m really getting too old for this shit.

1 month ago

Is there an attorney involved on your side yet? Sounds like it might be time.

1 month ago

On the other hand, the police aren’t arresting many people in LA and most of those that they do are released no bail-OR.

1 month ago

Power is back on. Even tho today was cooler than yesterday, still miserable.

1 month ago

ever think about leaving your dystopian state?

Only every day.

1 month ago

So If I don’t run the Monero Node for a while, It has to sync up again which takes some number of minutes. Then I can start mining again, and of course, I have almost no chance of finding a Block. 1/5000 at my current settings, as I’m only using 2 CPU threads of the 4 I have. If I use all 4 threads it goes down to 1/4000 per day, but all my fans and my water cooler spin up to max level. So this is a good compromise.

I’m dragging my heels on joining a pool. I’ll try and do it this week. I’ll let you know how many pennies I make per day once I figure that out.

1 month ago

Waiting for dinner to cook, I’m streaming Tim Pool’s podcast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txZP-LmWZrg&ab_channel=TimcastIRL
and he was talking about NY City’s new vaccine mandate effective today where unless you can show proof of vaccination, you are shut out of most pubic accommodations in NYC. Pool stated that this emergency order does not have a medical exemption -- like you have a disease and your doctor has advised you not to get the covid vaccine. He gave several examples of him asking govt and attorneys if there is an exemption and he claimed that they all confirmed that there isn’t.

That seemed outlandish to me, but reading the order, he’s right: