Happy Penultimate Work-Week Day, Wheelizens!

I, too, can relate to Mac’s thread pic.

[roy_scheider.jpg]

“You’re gonna need a bigger evil clown.”

I bet there was a comma after “so” followed by “you asshole” that you deleted.

One believes that was implied. 😉

I actually wrote two responses; one was typed with my middle fingers and was sneeringly insulting with several $0.50 disparaging words. (SackO’SugarK suggested hyperlinking said big words to dictionary.com, which I quite liked.)

Ultimately I decided that a response which was brusque and superficially responsive was more sarcastically “professional”.

Maybe offer a referral to a translator if his English is deficient?

Heeee!

I reserve the right to further mock Bernie’s abysmal writing in subsequent correspondence.

One of the tactics we’re exploring -- in the event the invoice isn’t paid -- is placing a mechanic’s lien on the property, which would cause them a lot of serious issues. (Such as nobody being able to sell / buy units until the lien is cleared; that’s the “nuclear option”.)

We’ll see what Mr. Lawbaw has to say today.

============================

simon & garfunkle - sounds of cylons.jpeg
dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom
1 month ago

Mechanic’s lein. That sounds appropriate.

1 month ago

Good morning, Fatwa -- happy Thursday, GN.

Apparently they’ve caught the guys that stole our stuff last week -- I’ll check with the Sheriff’s today and see if our property was recovered. I’d still like to know how they picked our house.

Criminy, Sven…I somehow missed that you guys had been robbed last week. I am very sorry that happened to you.

F*uck them people.

Sort of surprised they picked your ‘hood, given my perception of the, erm, demographics. (I.e., armed citizenry.)

Hope you’re able to recover your stuff in good condition…and without much fuss from the authoritahs.

1 month ago

Thanks, Fatwa -- the location choices for the other thefts are odd as well. Narrow roads, out of the way places, no streetlights. It’s weird.

On another subject, does anyone know if the covid reporting numbers were ever really definitively clarified? Specifically, the numbers of those hospitalized: are those people in the hospital because of covid or with covid?

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

Hospitalization numbers are for those hospitalized because of COVID and with COVID. Of course given the excessive number of cycles the PCR test is run, there’s no guarantee that those who test positive for COVID actually are infected with COVID.

1 month ago

I’d like to see them track hospitalizations for the morbidly obese as they do covid. And I’d put myself in that boat.

Have you seen a breakout, Paddy, of those with and for?

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

No, I haven’t. I doubt hospitals are tracking that data. Sure, they have it in the individual patient records, but they get paid extra for covid patients, so why separate them out?

1 month ago

Here’s one indicator on hospital numbers:

“The researchers reviewed the medical charts of each child in detail, doing their best to determine which of the 117 hospital admissions were unlikely to have been caused by SARS-CoV-2. They concluded that 53 of the patients (45%) were admitted for reasons unrelated to the virus.”

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

Sure Happy It’s Thursday, Gerbil Nation!

Sven -- I’m glad they caught the low-life scum that invaded your home and stole your property.

Fatwa -- I hope your schyster comes through for you.

dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom

Morning GN.

SVEN: I guess… lucky that your police aren’t defunded in your area of your dystopian state.

1 month ago

Yeah, there is that. Like the last bastion from LA.

dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom
1 month ago

I guess I have to go get an oil change and stuff. And go shopping and stuff. I don’t wanna go out. But here I go.

Drive-by:

Heya, Sven, Paddy and dv8 (and Harper!!1!)

Fatwa — I hope your schyster comes through for you.

Pretty confident he will be of assistance with this carp. We shall see…

=============================

Kind o’ stoked; have 500 rounds of .38 Special “bang seeds” due to arrive tomorrow. Glad I found some at a price I was -- grudgingly -- willing to pay, which is a big improvement over just a month ago.

dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom
1 month ago

Got back from the Oil change. Put my groceries away.

I checked my Monero software. I have NOT found a block yet, nor have I joined a mining pool yet.

Still, it could happen… a 1 / 9000 chance of finding a block is better than winning a lottery jackpot, so there is some likelihood that in the next couple of days the fates might surprise me. Who knows. If I find a block, it’s work about $250.00 ish at the current price.

Evidently the reason why Monero is much better odds for a single machine miner than other cryptos, is that the algorithm is NOT parallelizable. So, there is no intrinsic advantage to running a huge server farm to mine it.

Like essentially, if you use 2 machines instead of one to mine, you only double your chances to find a block, but with other cryptos, you can increase your likelihood by orders of magnitude by having multiple processors, because they can all work together on the same set of hashes.

Wow it really sounds like I know what I’m talking about, but I really still mostly have no idea..

dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom
1 month ago

When it comes to Mask Hysteria, Maskurbation, etc. AZ is a pretty good compromise. It’s not as good as Florida for some things, but I dunno, if I moved, I’d want to move where the property tax is low. regardless. That is never a “Blue” state. although, even in Oregon, virtually ALL counties are “Red” except the three counties comprising the greater Portland area.