dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom
9 days ago

Going to sleep…. I hope to check in tomorrow afternoon, if I wake up early enough.

Drive-by:

G’day, GN!

Hi, dv8 (and Harper!!1!)!

Saw several accounts of polling place “anomalies” in CA yesterday; don’t know how truthful they are, but it sure wouldn’t surprise me if they were accurate. Hey…it’s CA.

Probably won’t be around much the next few days due to various carp which needs to be dealt with; we’re okay, just busy. (And -- in my case -- also enraged with the ongoing HH-A HOA situation.)

Hope y’all have a swell Tuesday.

=========================

Not to alarm teh Svens, but…

raccoon with gun.jpeg
Last edited 9 days ago by Fatwa Arbuckle: Misanthropologist
9 days ago

Thanks, Fatwa -- one more thing to worry about.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
9 days ago

Happy Anti-Social Kitteh Tuesday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, dv8 (and Harper!), and Fatwa!

Harper -- thank you for the sonnet you posted on the M.O. -- it was lovely.

Fatwa -- good luck on all of your tasks. Try to step away from things periodically.

I found this at AoSHQ:

Newsom meme.jpg
dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom

Heh.

Having trouble sleeping.

dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom
9 days ago

I just found out that our dear friends just lost a daughter to suicide. I always feel inadequate at such moments. But my heart goes out to them.

9 days ago

Very sorry to read this, Dv8.

dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom

thank you, Sven.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Reply to  Just Mac

I’m sorry, Mac. I didn’t realize you lost a sibling, my friend. After all these years, I’m sure it still hurts.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Reply to  Just Mac

I don’t think a mother really could. Peace, my friend.

ThePlagueFairy
ThePlagueFairy
Reply to  Just Mac

We love you, Gentle Mac. You are dear to us.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
9 days ago

I am so sorry to hear this dv8. Prayers for the family and all who loved this precious child of God. May you feel His presence, His comfort, and His light in this dark moment.

dv8 -- none of us knows the “right” words at times like this, but as Mac said, more than the right words, the family needs friends to hold them up until they are able to walk again on their own. Be the light for them in the darkness by surrounding them with your love. Sit with them in silence, listen when they need to speak, feed them when they are hungry. You will still feel inadequate, but it just may be enough.

ThePlagueFairy
ThePlagueFairy
9 days ago

I will remember your wise words, Paddy, thank you.

The daughter, Mandy, fought a brave fight from her teen years until her 40’s and fortunately leaves no spouse behind. She even became a nurse practitioner and worked in the mental health field to try to help others like her. The doctors and staff she leaves behind sing her praises. Her faith was strong and everyone fought with her. She’s home and at rest now. Her parents have strong faith, too. That helps. Still…

dv8 - totally not curvycom
dv8 - totally not curvycom
9 days ago

Time to go to work. Thanks everyone for their thoughts and wishes and prayers.