dv8
dv8
1 month ago

Last night I made Thai Red Curry.

Chicken,

Red Curry Paste,
Extra red pepper,
sugar,
fish sauce,
cilantro,

That sorta thing…..

I didn’t really have a recipe….

I wanted to try it over Cauliflower rice (as a lower carb base)

Cauliflower Rice: If you eat it by itself, it tastes and smells very different from rice, but with other food, it’s pretty close to the same experience. Still … nothing like starchy rice, but.

As usual, I made way too much. Gonna have some leftovers right now.

Anyway, it was very tasty.

dv8
dv8
1 month ago
Reply to  dv8

I bought frozen riced Cauliflower. But you know, I just realized that I have a ricer with my kitchen aid mixer, So I could probably make it myself.

Punday Tuesday greetin’s, GN!

Hi, dv8 (and Harper!!1!)!

Haven’t ever tried cauliflower rice and am unlikely to as I find cauliflower revolting…but glad your curry came out well. (Maybe a really pungent vindaloo would make cauliflower rice palatable for me…)

Sven --

Good on ya for checking-out your local protest yesterday; your description made it sound a bit tepid, but stuff’s gotta start somewhere.

I think people are getting tired of “vote harder” as a solution.

Perhaps the old Cook County (IL) tactic of “Vote early and often” is worth a second look. 👿

===========================

rod serling diapers.jpeg
1 month ago

Good morning, Dv8, and Fatwa -- wishing you and the rest of GN a wonderful and productive Tuesday!

You’ll eat brussel sprouts, Fatwa, but cauliflower is a vegetable too far? Here’s a Georgia question: if the Braves make it to the World Series, will MLB allow the games to be played in Atlanta or will they move them to Colorado like they did the All Star game?

The chicken curry sounds delicious, Dv8.

Typical govt: LA Spends More on Traffic and Parking Enforcement Than Tickets Generate, Report Says -- The last two fiscal years represent the largest shortfall, with nearly $121 million more spent than generated through citations, Crosstown reported.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

Happy Kitchen Cat Tuesday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, dv8 (and Harper!), Fatwa, and Sven!

dv8 -- your curry sounds delicious, but I have to go with Fatwa on the cauliflower.

Sven -- maybe LA will hire a director, a couple of assistant directors, and assorted staff to head up a department dedicated to determining how to increase parking enforcement revenue.

1 month ago

I could save them all the trouble, Paddy -- increase parking fines by 10X for all gas/diesel-powered vehicles and decrease fines by 50% for all hybrid/electric vehicles.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

Yes, but that doesn’t increase bureaucracy.

1 month ago

Hanging my head in shame -- I’m not as smart as I thought I was.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse
1 month ago

No, you’re just focused on actually solving problems, not increasing the size of your fiefdom.

1 month ago

Henry V and Patton are still on my to watch list, but I watched The Green Knight over the weekend. An interesting film.