Happy Wednesday, Wheelizens!

I suspect that wall was tasty…but perhaps a little dry. ­čĹ┐

Paddy --

Glad you had a good trip. Could relate to the trouble you had trying to nail into dry-walled concrete block: My apartment in OH had plaster walls with concrete blocks beneath the plaster on the “common walls” between units (of which I only had one) for fire protection / noise reduction.

That’s how they built a lot of stuff there in the late 1920s.

dv8 --

I would totally try ghost pepper chips…but probably not while I was “on the road”.

Mac --

We’re fans of Great Value chips (rippled and -- for me -- jalape├▒o) here at CasaK. Bummer you’ve had to give yourself a talking-to about them.

The cost difference between them and “name brand” equivalents is rather remarkable.

I regret that Walmart is becoming increasingly “evil”, as we easily save over a thousand bucks per year grocery / sundry shopping there. (Which -- because I’m old and think everything’s too expensive -- is a lot of money AFAIC. A bit of a moral conundrum…)

Bah!

============================

crt - marxism.jpeg
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

That pic, tho…. Hit’s the nail… as it were………..

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

I love the savings at Wal Mart. It’s worth the 20min drive to Cottonwood--where all the normal stuff is.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Good morning Mac! and Everyone else. I just got back from the big route. And I appear to be largely recovered. Which is good, because today is Harper’s Flagstaff treatment day, so I see.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

I’d better try to nap.

Okay GN….

Good morning, GN.

Last edited 10 months ago by Sven-SemiFascist

Happy Drywall Wednesday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa, dv8 (and Harper!), Mac, and Sven!

Ghost pepper chips? No thanks. Those days are long past.

Mrs. Paddy is not a fan of shopping at Walmart -- the stores are too large -- so I have no idea what impact shopping there would have on our food budget. Plus, there’s no Walmart that’s convenient to us. We usually shop at Stater Bros., plus Trader Joe’s for dairy and a few other items.

dv8 -- have a good trip to Flagstaff!

When we were in Florida, we spent a couple of days at Disney World. We encountered two predominant groups of people while we were there: people from flyover country, and people with Jersey Shore accents, dress, and behavior. You can guess who the nicest people to be around and chat with were.

Over at teh bestest place ever, there’s been at least 8 new hires that judging from their titles were hired solely to prepare for the upcoming OSHA covid mandate. Talking to two other people in different departments, they are and have been for the last 3 weeks focused solely on putting together a program to track compliance to this mandate. All together, there’s maybe 30 people working on this with an end of year deadline to implement and execute a program to track the vaccination status of 25,000 employees. That’s a substantial cost.

The govt, I forget which spokeshole or department, told businesses that despite the injunction from the 5th court, that they should continue working towards that EOY deadline. I wonder if the courts rule this mandate illegal, what recourse businesses have to recoup their expenses?

My guess would be none.
I think businesses should be able to go after politicians and bureaucrats personally.

Watching lawyers argue in the Rittenhouse case. The prosecution provided incomplete video evidence to the defense altho they claim it was an honest mistake and not their fault. The defense asks for a mistrial without prejudice. P*ssies. Given all the other bs the states has done in this trial, the whole thing ought to be tossed out of court.

These defense attorneys are just not fighting hard enough for their client.

Agreed.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

We made it back home from flagstaff.

Highlights of the trip were:

McDonalds Sedona closed for remolding. We were running too late to go the long way and drive thru Wendy’s So I bought some Giant Chicken strips at Safeway, while Harper was still getting ready, and put them into hamburger buns with ranch dressing. Major win in the improvised fast food category.

I did manage to get about 3 hours of sleep before leaving, so that was good. Harper made one stop to Target on the way out of Flagstaff. I waited in the car. All I could think of the whole time was getting back into bed.

I did manage to go to Bashas and buy some Chessmen cookies. That’s tradition on these medical trips. I usually buy a bunch of different brands and styles--around three boxes of this and that, but Harper persuaded me to just buy one. She wanted windmills or chessmen or something simple like that, so that’s what I got.

Good night everyone.

Good night, dv8 (and Harper!). Glad your trip went well!